22: surprise at home

Jolyne's POV

It's been a year since the fight with Pucci in the pocket universe the archangel created to successfully fool Pucci and since he didn't know our Stands couldn't be stolen without killing the master as Kiri explained, since then most of the group with the exception of Anasui, thank god, have been released from prison and we crashed at Nori's place.

I really don't look forward to going back home since dad got mercilessly killed by Pucci, the entire time dad was there we bonded, the others were right that he puts himself in danger, I gave him a piece of my mind to Nori, and his roommates on why they didn't come to and they said they wouldn't be much help against an angel candidate of a Stand user who can literally reset the universe, they did have a point about that.

"You can't keep hiding forever, you have to go home." Hermes said, I hiccuped trying to hold back the waterworks but it was in vain, the tears flowing freely, the force of them racking my body" w-why didn't I spend more time with him?" I sobbed" you took part in the prank war with your dad and his friends, right? You should cherish that memory." Hermes said," how can I cherish it when I barely spent time with him since protected me by staying away?" I managed.

"It's his way of loving you, I can imagine you'd want to get back at him but that's never going to happen," Hermes said, I nodded vigorously. After crying my eyes out for 10 minutes I calmed down" there's no use in crying a river over it, let's go home." I said walking back into the house after we finished packing we left for the 20 minutes walk it takes to walk to our houses.

"So is it really true that the Joestars are a family of pranksters?" Hermes asked, I smiled sadly" yeah it's true, there have been 4 prank wars after each other mission, I participated in the prank war after the Morioh gang defeated a serial killer, I was 9, and it lasted for 6 months and it was a blast.

Dad and I are partners in pranking when we're in the mood whenever he's home, a few years before I ended up in the slammer having been framed dad started embarrassing me until the guys talked him out of starting a prank war between the 2 of us." I explained.

Hermes laughed" not surprising." Hermes said, I hummed, 18 minutes later we arrived at the house, and swallowing down the lump in my throat we walked down the path and I unlocked the door" hey guys! I'm home!" I called" hey Jolyne! Welcome back!" Ryan said, and a few seconds later the other 9 including mom greeted me, she took me into a tight hug and started shaking, crying herself.

"You guys seem chipper for losing a close friend." Hermes said," Nori never told you when you crashed at his place?" Ryan asked," what the hell are you talking about?" I asked when I caught a glimpse of Splat, my eyes widened to the size of saucers and I started frantically shoving my way through the crowd and into the living room.

There on the couch lay a man wearing a black turtle neck t-shirt and snake pants fiddling around on his phone" DAD!! What the hell!? I buried your body!" I yelled, tears coming back to my eyes, he turned his phone off and put it on the table sitting up" that was a decoy body you buried, I was the only one that wasn't replaced with a gigai back in Morioh, Aaron took a gamble and thankfully it worked, you can consider this a gift." He explained softly.

I didn't give a crap charging toward the couch and tackled in a hug, he yelped" you asshole! You should've called me!" I cried sobbing" I know, I'm sorry." He said" don't do that again! Just take a page from Nori's book and live a peaceful life!" I hiccuped" not like that's going to happen anytime I'm afraid." Ryan said' why do you have to be right? Because of Pucci, dad has a glass eye.' I thought.

After crying my eyes out for what felt like the thousandth time I tried to sit up only to find dad hugging me as if his life depended on it" you can let go of me." I said," don't want to." Dad said" Splat help." I said," don't say it." Dad said," I'm still going to say it regardless." Splat said, a grin in his tone" Stone, get your father." I said" I told her I was alive! Wait wait wait NOHOHOHOH STHAHAHAHP!!" Splat tried only to be tackled to the floor and Stone started tickling him.

"You should've come to the prison with me to see Jolyne! When I said you were alive she didn't believe me jackass!" Stone shot back and I started wiggling my own fingers on dads back causing him to yelp out loud letting go of me and freeing up access to further wreck him wash boarding my fingers over his ribs and he shrieked with laughter arching his back trying to get away from the torture to no avail causing his shirt to slide up from struggling, grinning maniacally I bent down and gave him a raspberry.

"NAAAAAAHHAHAHAHA STHAHAHAHP PLHEHEHEHAHAHAH!! I CAHAHAHAN'T TAHAHAHAKE IHIHIHIT!!" Dad screamed" I've watched you get wrecked for 15 minutes and it hasn't been 5! You deserve this!" I said," need any help?" Hermes asked" get his feet! Those make him squeal!" I said" AHAHAHAHNYWHEHEHEERE BUHUHUHT THEHEHE-EEEEEHAHAHAHA!!" Dad managed before an honest to god squeal ripped out of his mouth.

"So you got anything to say?" I asked," yeah and that's the fact he can fight back." Mom said" THAHAHAHNKS!!" Dad managed, my eyes widened then yelped when he started tickling me on the stomach and rolled us to the floor.

Hermes POV 

When Mrs. Kujo said Mr. Jotaro could still fight back I stopped tickling his feet, got off the couch, and watched as the raven-haired man took Jolyne in his arms and to the floor, the moment they hit the rug they were both laughing messes trying to get each other to surrender, same goes with there Stands as I turned to the others" who's the major tickle monster around here?" I asked.

"You're looking at them, you might want to run for it when they're done." Ryan said," is it 2 or 4 counting Stands, one of which can manipulate string?" I asked," yeah 4." Mrs. Kujo said" IHIHIHIHI SURRHEHEHEHENDER!! UNHHIHIHILE!!" Star screamed and Stone stopped" bye." I said and hightailed it out of the house not even bothering to look back knowing either one was on my tail.

(a/n the moment Pucci died, everyone involved in the final fight passed out and was ejected from the pocket universe losing their new identities in the process, also at the moment Jotaro got to the prison is when everyone was put into the pocket universe. The group woke up in the exact room where Pucci died but the pocket universe was added to the multiverse. Anyway, I like to think Jotaro's roommates and her mom raised Jolyne most of the time and trained her in how to fight with her Stand)