10: looking up

1987, Nori's POV

It's been a week since I got back to Japan and since then I've been busy catching up for the last 8 weeks I've been absent from school and so far I've only had one close call when Joseph came to the house to apologize to my parents for my apparent death 2 days ago and it was hilarious to watch the masterpiece in action, luckily I'd already dyed my hair and combed back my fringe and put in the brown eye contacts along with lying about being a friend of the family.

'I guess I did take part in the prank war.' I thought when I heard the howling of a hollow followed by an explosion around the corner, quickly leaning on the wall to avoid the stampede of panicked civilians before running toward the scene" what are you doing?! It's dangerous over there!" Someone yelled but I ignored them, skidding around the corner I spotted a group of 8 high school seniors with a metal baseball bat and a shot put ball trying to aim for the hollow but it was out of range being 50 ft in the air.

Sighing a little as the group argued over strategy I summoned Hierophant, and prepped an emerald splash" now, Emerald Splash!" I called launching the emeralds and purifying the hollow, the group turned to me but I had dismissed Hierophant Green, turned heel, and booked not wanting to be seen" hey!" I heard one of them yell, and my eyes widened but I didn't look back skidding around the corner and booking it down an alley and quickly lost the group trying to go after me.

The one thing I noticed over the course of 10 years since I entered school people watched from the sidelines with pity or understanding but they never approached me as if they were waiting for the opportune moment, and then 2 years a group of 9 people approached me at lunch and we started hanging out and became friends but I kept forgetting to tell my parents I found friends but something tells me that group needs a sniper.

The next day

Taking my lunch tray I went over to the empty table in the back of the cafeteria, 2 years ago I was used to it until I met the others, and then I changed my whole look and a Quincy told me that he told my friends to stay away since when I came back possessed for there own safety, he told them it was safe but they couldn't find me in the crowd which is why I took the contacts off.

"Geez bro, you could've dyed your hair later and this wouldn't have been so much more complicated." My head shot up seeing my friends standing there" I'm supposed to be dead, what did you want me to do?" I asked" no shit bro! you were possessed by a vampire and Tokata is the only one with a precise movement Stand, you should've come to us." Benjiro said," it was for you guys' safety." The quincy called from across the cafeteria.

"It makes sense since I can literally fire emeralds like bullets," I said," so, where have you been for the last 8 weeks?" Asahi asked," traveling halfway around the world to Egypt to kill the vampire that possessed me and save another friend's mother." I said," you can tell us all about it, we can help you get caught up on your work." Akira said," you can come to my house, I kept forgetting to tell my parents you're my friends." I said.

"Probably because you refused to come to our houses to do homework and hang out." Benjiro said," I didn't I just told them I was at the mall like an idiot." I said, they laughed and we continued talking.