𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭

Start from the beginning

           "Thank you, H," you murmured sweetly.

Harry's hand on your cheek returned to its post on your waist and now that your movements would be unobstructed, you leaned into his body until your chest was flush with his. Your head snuggled into the crook of his neck and the fluffy curls at the base of his scalp brushed your forehead, the sweeping strands offering more comfort than you could fathom. Once you got settled, Harry wrapped his arms around your back and pressed a kiss to the crown of your head. The stiffness in his muscles had completely deflated by the time you were held in his arms.

A beat of silence passed, and Harry didn't say anything to break it. He instead allowed you to quietly snuggle into him, his habit solely differing when the conversation he had with his mother earlier in the day flitted through his mind.

           "Can I ask y'something, baby?" Harry asked, his head filling with thoughts about going away with you. He was certain that the pressure of school wouldn't follow—not when he was with his favourite girl.

           "'Course," you crooned to him, pressing a delicate kiss to the soft skin of his neck. A smile bloomed on his lips at the gesture, dimples denting into his cheeks with the abundant joy seeping from his heart.

           "How would you feel about coming home with me for the holidays? Meeting m'mum and everything," he spoke tenderly, his gentle tone matching yours.

It took you a moment to completely comprehend Harry's statement. The nerves bubbling in your stomach and the rapid beating of your heart indicated that he truly spoke out loud and that this conversation wasn't a figment of your imagination.

Due to the numerous times Harry had spoken about his family and the life he led before university, you were aware of the fact that Harry had a supportive, compassionate mother who loved him unconditionally. Even yet, you couldn't refrain from feeling particularly apprehensive. Meeting his family and visiting his hometown was an important advance in your relationship, and there was a decent possibility that Anne wouldn't be pleased with you dating her son—if only because she was concerned for Harry and wished to give him the best. You found it difficult to fathom how you were supposed to interact with your significant other's family when you barely understood how to communicate with unknown individuals in your daily life.

           "Would you want me to go with you?" A pinch shaped your eyebrow as you spoke, and you rolled your lips between your teeth as a means to mask your nerves. You continued to peel yourself from his chest, pulling far enough away to catch the hopeful look blanketing his features and dancing behind his irises.

A smile softened Harry's features. The idea of proudly leading you around his hometown bloated his heart, and he was unsure of how any idea would top him teaching you each minuscule and important detail that helped form who he was today. The man who loved you more than he loved life itself.

           "I would really like to spend the holidays with you and for you to meet my mum, but I know it can be a lot of pressure and I know we've never done something like this before. It's fine if you're not ready to take the step, I just wanted to spend more time with the girl I love, 's all." he offered, his voice gentle as though sensing your apprehension. He had always been good about managing and soothing your nerves.

His words did more than bloat your heart and send butterflies tumbling into your stomach. It increased the rosy-haze tinting your rhetorical sunglasses tenfold and prompted a sudden air of confidence to infiltrate your system. Being introduced to his family would be a tremendous step in their relationship. It would bring you into his life outside of university and the love-swarmed bubble you both lived in. The notion brought a smile bubbling to your lips. You wished for that to happen—for your life to be closely intertwined with his. You wanted to be an aspect of everything he was willing to share, and thus, once the realization came, your culminating response wasn't difficult. You could do this.