It was a Mistake

Athena's POV

"If we survive this, remind me to kill you for trusting Katherine Pierce" I tell Hayley.

"Hey, I didn't know she was a lying two faced bitch" she tells me. "How was I to know she was going to send someone to kill us?" she asks.

"Well with any luck, we'll be safe soon" I tell her as we walked through a truck stop.

"Yeah, who did you call again?" she asks me.

"The last person I expected to call" I state. Suddenly we hear something hitting metal. We stop and look around warily. We hear the noise again behind us and turn to see a man. "Hayley, run!" I shout as he vamp speeds over to us. He throws me into one of the eighteen wheelers. He then grabs Hayley by the throat, and slams her against the side of one of the trucks. Starting to choke her. "Get away from her!" I shout and ram him away from her.

Hayley fell to the ground coughing. He throws me into her and we land on a heap on the floor. He stalks towards us. Before he can harm us any further, Klaus vamp runs up to the rogue vamp, grabs him by his jacket, and spins him around to face him. Eyes glowing and fangs bared.

"Have a care, mate. That's no way to treat two ladies" he tells him. Klaus bites down on the vamp's neck. The vampire screams as Klaus continues to bite down on him. Klaus stops feasting on the vamp and throws him against one of the trucks. The vamp falls to the ground. Klaus looks down at Hayley and I.

"You called Klaus?" Hayley asks me shocked as I got to my feet. Offering her my hand.

"Didn't think you'd come" I tell him.

"Well, you did say it was urgent and I guess I do owe you one" he states. The vamp that Klaus attacked is writhing on the ground, gripping his neck wound and moaning. Hayley looks over at the vamp lying on the ground. He suddenly gets up and vamp runs away. "Oh, don't worry about him, love. He'll never make it through tomorrow night" he tells her.

"What if there are more?" she asks.

"I doubt it" I tell her as I run a hand through my short hair. I had cut it after mum's memorial. When Tyler and I left town.

"You were foolish enough to make a deal with Katerina Petrova. She used you to find the cure and now you're nothing but a loose end. You'll be lucky if she lets you both live" Klaus states.

"You said you would protect us" I remind him.

"And I will little wolf" he assures me. "Just as soon as Hayley here tells me everything she knows about Katerina" he states looking at her.

"Fine, but can we return to Mystic Falls first?" I ask him. He nods and he drove us there. Hayley and I decided to shower before she tells him anything. Afterwards we headed downstairs to see a meal prepared for us and Klaus.

"I thought we should discuss matters in a civilized fashion" he states.

"That will require wine or bourbon" I tell him. He took out a wine bottle pouring us all a glass. We ate in silence enjoying our wine. Hayley and I are on our third glass after we had finished eating. Hayley, pulled her foot up onto her chair, takes a sip of wine.

"So, you're rested, you're fed. Tell me about Katerina" Klaus says to her.

"Most men get their power kick from torture and intimidation. With you, it's drinks and fine dining" Hayley states. Klaus smiles.

"Oh trust me Hayley, he loves torture and intimidation" I tell her.

"True, but in your case, I favor hospitality over unpleasantness. But I have been known to change my mind on a whim, as Athena knows. Where is Katerina?" Klaus asks us.