Girls Night

Athena's POV

Caroline and I are walking through the school when we see Matt hanging posters. "Hey Matt" we say together.

"Hey" he says with a smile.

"Live band?" Care asks him.

"Yeah, business has been a little slow. The Grill's trying to stay afloat" he states.

"Aren't we all?" she asks him. He looks at me.

"Have you heard from Tyler?" he asks me.

"Nor word from that selfish jerk" I tell him.

"Have you head from him?" Care asks him. Honestly I could care less about my brother.

"No, not since he stopped by the Grill to talk, and I've left messages on his cell phone" he states. Oh so you'll talk to your best mate, but not your little sister. Who you haven't seen in years.

"I'm out of here" I tell them and leave them. I go to the parking lot to see Elena with Stefan. "So how are things with you both?" I ask him.

"We're good" Stefan says.

"Katherine is out of the tomb" Elena tells me.

"She's not coming to girls night is she?" I ask her.

"Of course not" she assures me. "By the way, she doesn't know you're a wolf. We want to keep it that way" she states.

"I'm fine with that" I tell her. "So there's a live band at the grill tonight" I state.

"You have to sing" she tells me.

"No, I don't sing in public" I tell her.

"You can sing?" Stefan asks me.

"And play the guitar" Elena tells him.

"I also write songs, doesn't mean I'm going to sing in front of a room full of strangers Elena" I tell her. "I have class, I'll meet you at your house at four" I state. Before leaving them.

(Time skip) [Gilbert Residence]

"Chinese food or pizza?" Care asks as we all stand in the kitchen.

"Like you had to ask" Elena tells her.

"I will get it" Care says.

"Meat lovers for me" I tell her. She nos her head. She takes her tablet computer out of her bag and sees a picture of her with Matt.

"I'll do it" Bonnie says taking it.

"Do you believe that Jonas is being sincere?" Elena asks her.

"I don't know what to believe. I think he's at a loss. He's not sure who to trust" Bonnie states.

"Join the club" Elena and I say. We share a smile.

"Well, what are we going to do about this movie situation? What about The Notebook?" Care suggests.

"Caroline, how many times have you seen that movie?" Elena asks her.

"That is not the point" Care tells her.

"It is, how about the two Twilight movies? That way we're ready for the new one" I state.

"We live in a world with werewolves and vampires, do we really have to watch a movie on it?" Bonnie asks me.

"Correction, the wolves in Twilight are Wolf Shifters" I correct her.

"Besides vampires don't sparkle in the sun" Care adds. Just then Jenna appears. We all say hello. She asks what's going on.

"Girls night" I tell her.

"Oh" she says.

"How are you doing?" Elena asks her.

"You heard about my fight with Ric?" Jenna asks.

"He feels terrible" Elena tells her.

"Is this some kind of disguised attempt to cheer me up?" Jenna asks her.

"No, this is about us girls hanging out and you know, we'll be here if you happen to want to talk" Elena tells her.

"Because I am a winner when it comes to successful relationships" Care says.

"At least you've had relationships, mine were all one night stands" I tell her.

"You too?" Jenna asks us.

"You have no idea" Care tells her.

"Okay then" Jenna says as she joins us. "It's this whole Isobel thing. He's hiding something from me" she tells us.

"To play devil's advocate, maybe there is a great reason why he's not telling you" I tell her.

"She's right, he could be protecting you" Care adds.

"Well, that's not his call to make. I mean, I deserve the truth. Everybody does" Jenna tells us.

"True" I say.

"Sometimes it's harder than that" Care tells us.

"Not if it's somebody you care about, it isn't" Jenna tells her.

"You know what we need? Dancing. There is a band at the Grill" Care tells them.

"Great, we can get Athena to sing" Elena says.

"I already said I'm not singing" I tell her and the girls laugh.

(Time skip)

We arrive at the grill to see it's packed. Jenna and I go get a drink. "Don't tell your mother I let you drink" she tells me.

"Please, she doesn't even know I drink" I tell her. "Two shots of anything" I tell the bar tender. He nods his head and goes to get us a drink.  When they arrive I down mine and Alaric joins us. "My que to leave" I say and go back to the others.

I arrive as Caroline takes off her jacket and gives it to Elena. "What are you doing? Where are you going?" Elena asks her. She ignores her and goes onto the stage.

"This isn't going to end well" Jenna says as she rejoins us.

"So there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him. Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself" Care explains. "I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing" she states.

The Lead singer goes to protest. But she compels him to play along. She sings Eternal Flame. Matt gets onto the stage and kisses her passionately. As the crowd cheers. "Before I leave, I'd like to invite one of my best friends onto the stage. Athena Lockwood" Care says.

Bonnie and Elena push me onto the stage as I glare at Care. Who tells the band to play whatever I want. "I'll kill you for this Caroline Forbes" I tell her annoyed. She just smiles and leaves with Matt. "Just follow my lead" I tell the band and they nod their heads. I start to sing one of my own songs 'This is me'.

When I finish everyone cheers. I get off the stage and the band goes back to playing. "I have to go now, I told mum I'd be pack before eight thirty" I tell Bonnie and Elena. They nod their heads. I left and returned home.

"Good you're home, did you have fun with the girls?" Mum asks me.

"We had fun at the grill, there was a band playing" I tell her. "Don't worry I haven't forgotten about the historical thing tomorrow" I assure her.

"Good, sleep well dear" she tells me. I wish her a good night and go to my room. I change into my pjs and do my teeth & hair. Before calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Athena and video above of the song.