"If you want to be helpful," Newt spoke to Thomas. "Go get us some more fertilizer." He flung a bucket at Thomas, who barely managed to catch it. Zart laughed to himself. Thomas didn't argue with Newt. He simply grumbled under his breath and marched toward the woods.

"That was mean," Emma commented once he was far away. "We have barrels of fertilizer right here."

Newt shrugged, smirking slightly. "Yeah, but he was getting on my nerves. Asking way too many questions and suggesting the stupidest ideas."

"Can you blame him? This is all new." Thomas didn't know what they did. He was still learning.

He huffed, shaking his head. "You always defend the Greenies. You're supposed to be on my side."

"Wasn't aware there were sides," she responded.

"There are, and you're on mine." Emma moved closer, kicking a bucket out of the way. "Where were you anyway? Started to miss you, just a bit."

"I knew you liked me." He glared at her, which only made her laugh. She enjoyed their early morning banter. "I was running errands for Zart, ran into Gally, and had a short chat." She wasn't gone very long.

"Gally, huh? How's that going?"

The heat instantly rose to her cheek. Her eyes flickered around the area, hoping nobody had heard Newt. "Stop it."

"I'm just curious," he responded. "Dumped a lot of information on me the other day and never bothered to elaborate."

"Well, a lot has been going on. I've had a lot on my mind." The last few days had been nothing short of chaotic. With Jordan, Gally kissing her, and the new Greenie showing up and being a handful, Emma hadn't had much time to update Newt on everything.

Newt's expression faltered for a moment as he was reminded of who was locked in the Pit not too far away from them currently. With the new Greenie and the previous night's bonfire, it had slipped his mind. Emma was still dealing with and healing from what happened.

"I'm sorry. You're right." Once they dealt with Jordan, there would be time to talk. "Have you given it any thought?" Newt wanted to know if Emma had come to a decision.

Before she could say anything, there was screaming. "Hey!" Emma instantly froze at the sound of someone shouting. "Hey! Help!" By now, everyone had heard the desperate cries for help. "Help! Help!" The Greenie darted out of the trees with someone chasing him. "Help!"

Everyone moved at once, running to help Thomas. Emma found herself rushing toward them as well. The person after Thomas tackles him to the ground. They struggle for a few seconds before the person gets on top of the Greenie. "I'll kill you," they scream at him.

Newt was the first to arrive at the scene. "Hey!" The person on Thomas glanced up just in time for Newt to slam a rake against their head. The impact forces them off of Thomas.

Newt, Zart, and Gally pin him against the ground. Emma comes to a stop beside Chuck, eyes wide as she realizes the attacker is Ben, the Runner, who should still be in the Maze, considering it's still early. Emma momentarily thought of Minho, his typical running partner, and fears for him. Where was he right now? Was he alone in the Maze? Why was Ben attacking Thomas? Did he hurt Minho as well?

"Calm down."

"What the hell are you doing?" Newt didn't understand why Ben would attack the Greenie. He was an easy-going, nice guy. Never caused problems. It wasn't like him to attack someone.

Ben struggled against them, but too many kept him pinned down. "Ben," Gally barked. "Calm down."

"What happened?" The question was directed at Thomas. He was the only other person who could say what had happened.