𝗖𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 || Chrollo x reader x Phantom Troupe

~•~•~ Requested by: Zelli0306 ~•~•~

"Y/N, right?" Chrollo asked nonchalantly, quickly looking their date up and down as they approached.

"That's me!" Y/N responds cheerily, their clearly exuberant attitude a sharp contrast to Chrollo's melancholy. Despite the gleaming difference, it refreshed him. To have someone by his side who he knew, from the instant he saw them, could make him smile.

"Do you like books?" Chrollo asks, moving around to Y/N's right side as to keep them away from the road as they walked down a sidewalk.

"Of course! My favorite genre has to be ancient history, what about you?" Y/N responds eagerly, excited at the prospect to discuss literature.

Unbeknownst to them, Chrollo already knew this. He knew more than he should, although that's an easy feat for him being the Phantom Troupe leader. Information about an average civilian was easy to obtain, wooing them however, was not.

Ever since he laid eyes on them in a nearby cafe, Chrollo knew he had to pursue.

Despite the obvious lack of power, there was something alluring about them. Was it their slight smile anytime the barista handed them their usual order? Or possibly how their nose was always buried deep in a book?

Whatever it was, it intoxicated the man, and it took him no time at all to ask Y/N on a date to which they accepted.

Usually people would be intimated by him, but Y/N's acceptance was just one more reason he found them so alluring.

"Are you just saying that because it's my favorite, or are you being honest?" Chrollo teases, arm still wrapped tightly around Y/N's shoulder, keeping them close.

"I'm no stalker I swear!" Y/N laughs. "I promise I had no idea that's your favorite genre too, I suppose we're just a good match."

"I guess so..." Chrollo chuckles. "That said, care to join me in the York New library?"

'I figure that's the one place I won't run into any of the Troupe members...' Chrollo thinks.

"Really!?" Y/N asks excitedly. "I'd love to! I've been meaning to pick up some new books, you'll have to show me your recommendations."

"It's a date then." Chrollo chuckles lowly, smiling softly as they stroll with Y/N through the city.

As they approach the library, Chrollo's heart drops. Sitting on the grandiose staircase leading up to the library was none other than Phinks and Franklin, enjoying a warm cup of coffee from the cafe next door.

Just as Phinks is about to flag down his boss, Franklin notices the date standing next to their boss and inconspicuously slaps Phinks over the head, shutting him up.

Letting out a sigh of relief, audible enough for his date to hear, Y/N turns to Chrollo with a quizzical look.

"Sorry darling, I forget how daunting this staircase is!" Chrollo jokes, nearly choking on his words as he watches Phinks reciprocate Franklin's slap behind Y/N's back. "Let's hurry on inside, there's a nasty chill out here is there not?"

Holding the door open for their date, Chrollo lets Y/N walk in before him, a miserable mistake on his part.

As Chrollo walks in, his face grows pale as he sees yet another Troupe member, Hisoka, casually sitting behind the front desk, book propped open on his knee.

Y/N looks towards the eccentric man with a look of contempt, silently judging the man who seemed to moaning under his breath at the book he was reading.