6. I Have A Reason

Warning: This chapter includes self-mutilation for vampire purposes (?), read at your ownrisk!

Teja only stepped closer, so close to him that they were barely inches apart. She slowly grabbed Karan's hand, forcefully removing it away from his face to reveal two, long, white,shiny, sharp fangs. 

"You really are a vampire..." were Teja's only words.

Karan turned his face away; and he seemed like he was fighting an inner battle, "Teju...leave now..." He breathed heavily, "I can't control myself." He bit his own wrist to restrict his fangs.
Teja didn't move, "you already are." She said stubbornly.
Karan removed his wrist from his mouth and looked at Teja, "I can't..." He approached her, "I can't control it..." His eyes blazing red, redder than Teja had ever seen.
"Your blood smells so good..." His eyes moved to Teja's open wound.
Teja finally took a step back, "Karan..."
"Teju..." His voice was deep, threatening, almost scary; "how about one sip...?" He stepped forward, his long pale cold fingers now slithering around Teju's neck, "So warm... so tempting..."
Teja felt like a lamb in a wolf's den. She didn't dare move; swallowing nervously, her neck moving against Karan's hand, "Karan... don't..." She had never seen Karan in such state before, he looked dark and dangerous.
She had to admit to herself that he was dangerous, this was dangerous, not scary, just dangerous.
Karan roughly moved Teja's head sideways, "Don't resist and it won't hurt..." He smiled, his fangs reflecting the lanterns, "Just a teeny tiny bit..." He grabbed her wrists, squeezing tightly, he pinned her onto the table, knocking the remaining glass and silverware onto the floor.
"Please don't scream..." He bent down into Teja's neck, "please don't be afraid... it will just hurt a bit..."
Teja's body shivered at Karan's cold breath, but she didn't try to struggle away from his grip, she just stared at the glass ceiling, "Karan..." 

There must be another way, she thought.
"If you want my blood I can give it to you..." She said, "but don't bite me, let me go."

And it was like her words slapped Karan out of his bloodthirst spasm, "What?"
he jolted away from Teja, his eyes back to normal, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."
He retracted his fangs,slamming his forehead with his palm, "I'm horrible..." he babbled to himself, "I ruin everything...I'm horrible... I ruin everything..."
Teja sat up, rubbing her now bruised wrists, "I said, if you want I can give you my blood. It doesn't have to be against my will."
Karan ignored Teja's words, he hysterically paced around himself, gripping the back of his head so hard that his skull was about to break, "I'm sorry, I ruined everything, I'm sorry..."
He looked at Teja, examining her carefully, "did I hurt you?" he glanced at her wrists, "I Hurt you! Again! I can't do anything right..." He continued to pace.

"Can you calm down?" Teja's words were steady.
"I'm fine, I'm not hurt."
"You need to leave before I lose it again," Karan broke the wooden chair, "I must not lose control again..." He dismantled the chair leg, "You must leave now..." He shoved the wooden chair leg into his stomach, "Leave... now..." He winced.
"What the hell are you doing?!?!?!" Teja rushed to remove the wooden piece from his stomach, "Are you crazy or dumb?!"
"I'm telling you to leave..." Karan fell back onto the floor, "this... will... keep me... under control..." He panted and winced with every word.
"What the fuck? I can't leave you like this!" Teja refused, "I will take it out. Don't move."
She grabbed the wooden bat. "It might hurt."
"Tejuu! Please, I'm begging you to leave. I don't want to hurt you." Karan was almost crying.
"Shut up, you talk too much." Teja sneered before using all the force in her body to remove Karan's stupid attempt at self-control.
"AHHHH..." Karan screamed in pain, "no..." He pressed his wound.

 "I'm sorry..." Teja threw the bloody wooden piece away from Karan's reach and squatted down beside him, "Karan..." she reached out to check the wound, "Isn't it supposed to heal fast?"
"It's... wood.." Karan coughed, "needs time..."