1.Bloody Mary

Disclaimer : The whole story is a fiction. No offence to any of the characters.

The music was low and the bar was almost empty, Teja had mixed her last cocktail of the night and went into the backroom to wash the dirty glasses. Zoya was still wiping the spilled alcohol and cigarette buds off the tables as she collected the tips from under the cups. Teja had always pushed this task on Zoya since she hated to clean other people's messes, especially this type of mess, but she also lost a valuable amount of tips every time.

She finished her work behind the bar and finally took off her apron, fixed her bun and adjusted her clothes, ready to go home and sleep; not so eager to wake up tomorrow for the same routine.

She was already becoming tired of this routine, it was the same exact thing every day. Her roommate and colleague Zoya had also complained about this lifestyle; but Teja was sure that Zoya's life was better than her. Although she wasn't really envious, but she still called Zoya a crybaby since her life was way better than others, yet she still complained non-stop.

Teja did not really hate her life; she was just tired of settling for less in everything she does. Her friends and colleagues knew that she had potential, but somehow she was convinced that this was exactly what she deserved, not more.

Teja was humming a song while packing her things when she was interrupted by Zoya's voice.

"Excuse me sir, we're already closed." Zoya stopped and leaned onto the broom, "We're just cleaning."

"Yes, please come back tomorrow." Teja said without looking, then continued to hum the same song.

The man approached the bar right where Teja was standing with her back facing him, "But I really need a drink."

"Sir, I'm so -" Zoya started to talk but Teja interrupted her.

"What would you like to drink?" Teja said without turning around. She figured that this man coming into the bar asking for a drink after closing time must be desperate, she assumed that he either went bankrupt or was dumped by his significant other; which means he would ask for more than one drink, which means more money in Teja's pocket.

"Bloody Mary." The man said.

"Coming right up." Teja said as she tied on her apron again, "Zoya, you can leave first. "She waved her hand in dismissal, "I'll close up."

"Thanks!" Zoya beamed as she dropped the broomstick, gathered her stuff and sprinted to the exit.

There was no music, no people, no noise, just the sound of Teja's humming and the tapping of the man's fingers against the empty glasses on the bar table. He hadn't spoken a word after ordering the drink.

"How lonely can a man be to come to the bar after closing time asking for a bloody mary?" Teja finally broke the ice hoping to get a higher tip with her communication skills; "The heartbroken usually ask for shots, and the bankrupt ask for whiskey." She turned to finally face the man, placing the cocktail in front of him.

The man had beautiful slightly hooded eyes, his face was as white as snow, his lips slightly blushed and his hair as black as coal. He wore a cherry red high neck and a long black coat which contrasted his pale skin beautifully, accentuating every feature of his face. He smelled of a faint pleasant perfume that flew towards Teja making her gaze in awe. She had seen so many beautiful people in her life, especially at this bar. But this man was majestic, he captivated her in mysterious ways.

"As lonely as can be." The man said, taking a sip from his cocktail, snapping Teja out of her infatuated gaze.

Teja regained her normal composure and closed her mouth that she'd not realized had been slightly open. she eyed him carefully waiting for praise or even criticism, but the man remained silent. Teja contemplated if she should ask what he thinks of the drink but she changed her mind, she presumed that maybe he wasn't the talkative type.