Chapter Twenty Five - Organisation

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Attempting to keep calm was the worst part about being engaged, the second in line was keeping it a secret from everybody. Especially Tyler. Every single conversation you have had with him the past ten days, the temptation to tell him was colossal, but you knew that you had to be persistent against it. They will eventually all find out, that's just inevitable. Detailing the ring presented to you that night, a certain day is coming up. An important one, that would be tragic if you forgot. Swiftly opening the calender app on your phone, you hunt for the day, pressing onto it's box.

October 29
Chris' Birthday
Matt's Birthday
Soup's Birthday

Eyes widening, you hastily begin messaging Smitty: him and Matt live close together, so you decided to ask what his plans were. Locking your phone and sliding it into your blue tie-dye hoodie, you rush out of the bedroom, bursting into his studio. He was leaning back on his chair, his fingers locked together, while watching a stream. Both headphones were on, so you carefully approach him. Tapping his shoulder lightly, he pauses the stream, turning his whole attention to you. "What do you want for your birthday?" He begins to chuckle to himself, sliding both of his headphones off. He reaches out to hold you hands, before gazing into your eyes, "You don't need to worry about getting me anything."

"But I wannaaa," you roll your eyes jokingly, giggling lightly.
"You seriously don't need to worry."
"Mmmmm Chrissss, you got something for me so why can't I return the favour?"
"I don't have anything I want, that's the difference."
"Fine!" you exclaim, exaggerating a march out of his room. You hear his laugh as you close the door, diving your hand into your pocket to pull out your phone. Pinging a message to Tyler and Smitty was the quest.

Tyler

{Y/N}: hi tyler, does anybody have any ideas for chris birthday?

Smitty

{Y/N}: hi smit, are you planning anything for matts birthday? thinking about doing something for puff

You sigh, pushing the phone back inside your pocket. You glance at your left hand once again, a smile growing on your face. Stepping carefully down the stairs, you approach the kitchen. As you enter, you dash towards a cupboard, opening it up to reveal a jar of cookies. You drag it out, placing it carefully onto the side to begin twisting the lid open. Before you could grab one, your phone started ringing. Pulling it out, you accept the call. "Hello?"

"Y/N, it's Tyler, how are you?"
"I'm alright, just realised it's his birthday soon. How are you?"
"I'm well! Exactly why I'm calling. Grizzy has set up a groupchat on Discord with a couple of us in. I can invite you?"
"Yeah, that'll be nice, thank you. Glad to hear you're doing okay."
"Doing it now. I'll be coming down, so we'll be able to catch up then."
"I miss you a lot, it's weird not having you just around the corner,"
"It's weird for me too, and it's been almost 6 months!" He chuckles, causing you to join him.
"Just got the invite, I'll message in there. Speak later!"
"See ya!" The call cuts.

Glancing into your screen, you join a Discord group, with Nelson, Pezzy, Droid, Tyler, Smitty and Matt in. A few messages had been sent between them all, and your arrival message was soon burried by everybody else.

VeryBee has joined!

{SoGrizzy}: I thought I had forgotten somebody!