Chapter Three - Greetings

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Knock. Knock. Knock. Silence. Shuffle, click, open.

Tyler steps out, a different pair of shoes, and a changed hoodie. He gives you his common grin, before you walk back down to the ground floor. Walking over to the group, they haven't even moved, all still crowding around on the pavement. "Y/N! Tyler!" Nelson shouts, causing everyone's attention to turn to you, "We're hungry, let's go." The group laughs, before you all start walking. Tyler and Nelson storm ahead, with Pezzy, Droid, Anthony, and Keller following behind. So, you were left with MATT, and 'Puffer' AKA Pink Hoodie. Did they do this on purpose? Probably. You just follow along with the others, Puffer to your left, and Matt walking in front.

Glancing at Puffer, he doesn't notice. This is the closest you've gotten to him, and it gives you time to take in all of his features. His golden rimmed glasses, round, perfectly framing his face. Deep brown locks fall from the top of his head - slightly longer than average in length - soft brown eyes, a short but fluffy beard, smooth bushy eyebrows. All gorgeous individually, but all combined together just looks perfect.

You snap back into reality, and you noticed that you stopped walking. You were just stood there, staring at him, and he must think you're a creep. "Hey, Y/N! You feeling okay?" Matt shouts, a bit down the road from you. He probably didn't even notice you stopped for a while. "Yeah, thanks Matt!" You shout back, before turning your attention back to Chris.

"Hi, I'm Y/N, you probably already know but-"
"I'm Chris. You can call me Chris." He mumbles. You can tell he feels incredibly anxious, but you don't want to point it out.
"Chris is a sweet name, it really suits you," you comment, which causes a tint of rose to appear on his cheeks.
"Thank you, Y/N. Yours is.. cute." He stutters, averting his eyes. You smile gently, and you start walking again, but in pure silence. A loud silence. You can tell he feels flustered, and you have a raging anxiety inside of you, but you try and cover it up. Somehow you manage to catch up with the others. They had found a restaurant which could fit all of the group in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You find yourself being the last person to enter the room, as you had to quickly pop to the bathroom. You glance around, trying to determine where the spare seat was. "Oh shit, sorry Y/N! There's a spare chair, we can just fit you in to this gap here," Anthony comments, dragging a chair and placing it at the table. You thank him, before sitting down and adjusting to the seat. While inspecting the area, you notice that Puffer is directly opposite from you. What makes it even worse, is that candles were dotted along the table, and of course one lands between you two, of all people. You were tense enough, and this has just made it 100% worse. You take a deep breath, and you form a smile.

A waiter comes in, a shocked look upon his face - he definitely has never had to serve this many people before. He makes his way around the table, ensuring everything that's asked is written down clearly. You decide to order a shrimp linguine, you've only had shrimp once before, so you were willing to try it again. You don't usually go to seafood restaurants, so it's a bit unusual to you, but you're trying it anyway. You can't live your whole life without trying shit, that's what you always tell yourself. You just get a diet coke with it, as you're not somebody who drinks alcohol usually.

The waiter rushes off, and conversations continue. Turning to your left, you have the view of Nelson's back - you decide to tap him, trying to gain his attention. He turns around, "Hey Y/N, you good?" he asks in a hushed tone.
"Why is Chris so quiet?" You whisper, hoping that he doesn't hear your conversation.
"Give me your number, I'll text you" he responds, bringing his contacts up. You recite your number to him, with gaps to allow time for him to type it in. He nods, and turns back around, typing. A few seconds later, you feel a small buzz.

{Unknown}: it's Grizzy! Tyler spoke about you a lot to us, a lot more after you said yes to coming, and showed photos of you as kids. I think somebody has a little crush on you ;)

Reading the message, you have the dreading sensation you're about to start crying. Happy tears, they're called. Tyler did speak about you, and a lot. You did mean a lot to him, and yet you just thought you were abandoned. You feel like you should apologise to them all, you talked so badly about them, without even meeting them. Tears started pouring, you start panicking.

Sniff

You look up slightly after, and there's only one person who heard it. Chris. He moves his head towards the door, with a puzzled face. You nod in response, and quickly stand up, knocking the chair over while doing so. The bang causes everybody to turn around, you sigh. "Sorry guys, excuse me." You stutter, picking the chair up, and squeezing past all the chairs. You feel a hand plant itsself on your shoulder. Tyler looks at you and gives you a soft smile, before letting go, nodding and turning back to his conversation with Anthony and Keller. Something about cars.

Once you had left the room, Chris swiftly follows. You both lean against a wall, facing each other. "What's wrong?" He whispers, fidgeting like he wanted to hold you. You look down, even more tears falling. "It's just.. a bit overwhelming." Lying. You can't tell him that it's about him, you can't let him know that you know. A soft buzz, you ignore it. You look up, and a face full of worry was planted on his face. Reaching out, wrapping your arms around his torso, your head into his chest. Tears. A pair of arms wrap around you, the face of the torso warming up, flustered. Who knows how long you were stood there in embrace, but you didn't care: you haven't been hugged in years. He was the right size, height, everything to have a hug from. You eventually look up, to see this face painted bright red. "Y-you feeling better?" He stumbles, incredibly flustered.

"I think so? Sorry about your hoodie by the way."

"That doesn't matter, I can just take it off."

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈