Chapter Seven - The Dad Shirt

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Prising your eyes open, you look around the room. It's your room, obviously, but last night was a blur, you can't remember anything that happened. Lifting yourself up, you notice you had your arms wrapped around the Pufferfish, and you were in a position that you've never been in before. You hold yourself up, before whipping the duvet off your body, and placing your feet onto the floor.

A door unlocks, and a topless male walks out.

"Oh, you're awake! Sorry, I just had to go to the bathroom, I hope you don't mind-"
"I don't mind what-so-ever," you lightly giggle. He goes to the side of the bed, and picks his t-shirt up, starting to put it back on, "Do you have to wear it?" You ask, using puppy eyes to try and persuade him. He chuckles, "Yes, I need to go get into fresh clothes from my apartment," before patting the t-shirt down and sorting his hair out. You watch him in awe for a few seconds, until you notice what you're doing. "Right, I'll leave you to get changed." He announces, causing you to frown, "I can come back afterwards if you really want me to," you nod, and he grins, before opening the door, and leaving.

Silence. It fills the room quickly, smothering anything and everything. You instantly miss him, just his presence alone keeps you happy. You lightly sigh, getting fresh clothes from the wardrobe. A bright green hoodie, a white t-shirt, dark grey pants. You lightly brush your hair out, then you go to your bathroom to brush your teeth. Your back grows tense, aching slightly, but you don't mind. Sleeping on his chest was the best thing you have ever experienced. His breaths were calm, slowly rising up, slowly going down. Repeat. A lullaby for you to slowly fall asleep to. You clean your toothbrush, and check your phone.

Nelly:
3 messages

Tyler:
2 messages

You sigh lightly, knowing that both of them are aware about Puffer staying over, as Grizzy is opposite Chris's room, and Tyler is opposite yours. Opening Tyler's texts, you smile, as he's being his protective self.

{Tyler}: If you need me, urgent or not, come and bang on my door, I don't care how late it is
{Tyler}: I trust Puffer, but I'm worried about you

He's extremely protective, but for good reason. He just wants you to be okay, he knows everything, and doesn't want the list of fears to grow bigger. You slide out of Tyler's texts, and you enter Grizzy's.

{Nelly}: i saw Puffer has gone with you to your room ;))
{Nelly}: have fun!!
{Nelly}: he snores lol you've been warned

You start cackling, the texts completely catching you off guard. He didn't snore last night, but he might need to be in a different position for that. Either way, it entertained you. Grizzy is such a goofball, constantly joking about stuff. They all constantly joking about everything, which is the amazing thing about this group. You lock your phone, leaving the messages alone until later. Exiting your room, you lightly knock on Tyler's door. Crashing, rushing, banging. The door swings open, "What has he done?" Tyler shouts, making you jump a little. You shake your head lightly, "Nothing, nothing. I was knocking to see if you're awake," you both laugh lightly.
"Oh, sorry. Yeah, I'm awake, give me a second and I'll go downstairs with you,"
"Don't worry, I'll go down now. See you there," you smile, waving and walking off.

Heading downstairs, you spot Grizzy on the sofa, scrolling through something on his phone. You pause, concerned about his reaction to seeing you, with nobody else around. You continue to head forward, his head peaking up, "Ooooooooo here comes the better half," he cooes, giggling. You shoot him a glare, before laughing a bit yourself. "We're not dating-"
"Yet" he disrupts,
"Fuck off," you joke, causing you both to chuckle, "and he doesn't snore, because I'm a light sleeper and I didn't wake up once,"
"He constantly snored when we lived together, it was hilarious-"

Chris appears in the hallway, wearing a flowery dad shirt. He approaches, while you're giggling with Grizzy, and he gives you a puzzled facial expression, "What have you said?" He asks. You both start cackling, erupting with laughter. "Nothinggg" you tease, watching a small wave of frustration crash over him. He sighs, sitting next to Grizzy. You sit next to Chris, resting your head on his shoulders.

"So, you two are sharing rooms now?" Grizzy chirps, nudging Chris, trying to wind him up.
"It was only last night, Nelly" he emphasises on 'Nelly', teasing him. You hear Grizzy sigh, before they both start laughing. You join in, slightly confused. Matt enters the room, "NELLY BEAN!" he shouts, causing everybody to continue chucking away. "Nelly Bean is so cute! It suits you," you comment, making Grizzy sigh again and shake his head. You giggle, with Chris chuckling next to you. "Puffy Bean!" You announce, looking up at Chris. Blush rushes around his face, making him grow silent. Grizzy and Matt start laughing with you, then you whisper, "Sorry Puffy Bean,".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You arrive at a café bar - woven chairs were dotted around lowed tables, the lighting was an dim off-white, the walls had wooden panelling at the bottom, with wallpaper above, and pictures dotted around. There was only one set of people inside, a group a lot smaller than the mass of people about to enter. As you all enter, you crowd around, before Grizzy, Keller and Anthony started pushing two tables together, and bringing enough chairs around for everybody to sit on.

Lowering yourself into a chair, the seats around you start populating. Puffer comes over to you, and sits down next to you, passing you a laminated card. Reading down it, you decide to go with a pink lemonade and gin, standing up and searching your pockets. "What you doing?" Puffer asks, standing up and facing you.
"I was gonna buy myself a drink?"
"No, no, sit down, what do you want?"
"I insist, I can get it" you say, shaking your hands at him.
"Y/N, I'll get it, what do you want?" He lightly grabs your hands. You sigh, defeated, "I'll have a pink lemonade and gin." He smiles, letting you go and going up to the bar. You lower yourself down, noticing the attention was on you.

Smitty nudges you, "He doesn't even buy us drinks!" He teases, causing Puffer to give Smitty the bird while ordering. "Yeah, well I'm just better than you," you joke, causing the group and you to chuckle. After a while, Puffer comes back, with two drinks in his hand. They all slowly started getting drinks, so the seats are half empty. He places the drink in front of you on the table, before sitting down himself. "Thanks, Daddy Shirt," you flirt, winking. He lightly blushes, "Not outside of the bedroom, you," he teases back, causing you to both blush lightly. Thankfully, nobody had heard the discussion, so you kept quiet. After your first drink, you lean over to Puffer, nudging him. You barely drink, so you're easily tipsy.

"You look hot, Daddy Shirt," you wink, causing blush to smother his face.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈