The New Boy

I was sick for about a week. Sorcha brought my school work over and I did all the assignments. It was hard but at least I wasn't behind in my work. Rochelle even came over to work on our project. We both chose the same occupation. She loved history as much as I did and it came as a huge surprise that we both loved the ancient history. I suddenly started to have some common ground with Rochelle. I remembered how she brought over some herbal tea to make me feel better. It worked so well. However, Linca did not come over almost at all except yesterday.

"Where have you been?" I asked.

"I've been busy Anya. One of my closest friends is moving here so it has been utter hell trying to get ready for him." She responded.

"What?! Seriously?!" I exclaimed. Linca laughed at that.

"Ya. But I can't tell you anything."

"Why not?!"

"Because, its a secret." She said in a teasing tone. She started to laugh at me.

"Hey Linca, is everything between you and Oland alright?" I asked. Linca didn't answer me for a long time.

"Yeah...I guess so. It wasn't his fault." She said.

"Was it your cousin Alexis?"

" Yes...No. It just reminded me about a very close friend of mine. Also I wasn't feeling well at all. But, at the same time it did. I don't know Anya....I just felt a bunch of emotions inside me." She explained.

I nodded. There are times where I would see something that reminded me of my family....the ones that were dead and emotions would swell up inside me. And with Hans. Linca knew about my strong feelings for Hans. She had been there when I needed her the most. I nodded and left the situation alone. It was a private matter, so I didnt elaborate on it.

"Well, tomorrow's school. Better get some rest." I told Linca. It was pretty late out. I looked at the clock and it read 9:45. 

"Yeah. Better go. See ya." Linca said and with that she left. Looking around I made sure that I had everything in order and ready to go tomorrow. I brushed my teeth and jumped into bed. I promptly fell into a deep sleep.

*******************************************************************************

I was walking into the courtyard by myself. I had woken up late and Linca had to do something. As I walked up, I saw a group of people gathering around someone. I walked closer and saw that it was a tall boy, around my age or older. He had dark black hair, and pale skin. He was lean and muscular from what I could tell. I stepped closer and gasped when I caught a glimpse of his eyes.

They were an amazing blue. The outer ring was a light ice blue and inward toward his pupil they were a deep blue. They were so striking. But, I had an odd feeling that I had seen those eyes before......

"Yo, Anya! Aren't ya going to at least say hi?" Linca interrupted me. I turned around to stare at Linca.

"Is this what you meant by coming early?" I asked her. 

"Yup." She chirped and she pulled (more like dragged me to the boy). 

"Hey. Anya, this is my friend Jack. Jack this is my best friend Anya." Linca introduced us. We looked at each other for a few moments.

"Ummm.....its nice to meet you, Jack." I said breaking the ice. He chuckled.

"Yeah, same here." He said. Jack's voice was slightly deep, but at the same time it had this mischievous tone to it. Had I heard that voice before....?

"What's your last name?" I asked him.

"It's Jack Holskand." He said.

"What's yours?" he asked me.