𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙊𝙣𝙚 𝙒𝙚𝙚𝙠 𝙒𝙞𝙛𝙚.

Morning had finally come.

Rhaenyra seemed to be the only one who awaited her daughter's appearance as men argued over the table, her sons keeping quiet. "The Princess Visenya Targaryen!"

The younger didn't seem too fond of the loud introduction, her lips forming a stretched smile. Many looked her up and down, eyebrows raised at her unusually fully loose hair and wrinkled gown, as well as the paleness of her face. "Where have you been?" The Queen tucked a piece of her daughter's hair behind her ear as their spectators returned to their previous activities. "You look much less than well-rested."

Visenya lied through her teeth. "I was tending to Tyraxes last night, I fear he's been jealous of the attention I've given Seasmoke." She paused, twisting the wedding band she was yet to take off. "It is difficult to remain well-rested during these times."

"You miss him?"

"He's my husband, I miss him dearly."

"The Lord of the Tides, Lord Corlys Velaryon and his wife, the Princess Rhaenys Targaryen!"

All remained silent as they approached down the steps, his walking aid creating an echo. "My lords."

"Lord Corlys, it brings much relief to see you hale and healthy again."

"I'm very sorry about your father, Princess. He was a good man." Some shifted uncomfortably at the mention of her old title, but Corlys only scanned the room. "Where is Daemon?"

"There were other concerns which demanded the Prince's attention."

He hummed, limping toward the table. "Your declared allies?"

"Yes."

"Too few to win a war for the throne."

Rhaenyra twitched. "Well, we would also hope to have the support of Houses Arryn, Baratheon and Stark."

The Velaryon was curt. "Hope is the fool's ally."

"Both Arryn and Baratheon share blood with my house, but all of them swore oaths to me."

"As did House Hightower, if I remember."

Visenya stepped up, irritated, head pounding. "As did you, grandfather."

The older man halted, looking to his granddaughter, then to his other grandchildren who stood together proudly betrothed. "Your father's realm was one of justice and honour. Our houses are bound by common blood and common cause. This Hightower treason cannot stand, you have the full support of our fleet and house, Your Grace." Corlys bowed his head.

"You honour me, Lord Corlys." Rhaenyra turned. "Princess Rhaenys. But, as I said to my bannermen, I made a promise to my father to hold the realm strong and united. If war's first stroke is to fall, it will not be by my hand."

"You do not mean to act?"

"Taking caution does not mean standing fast. I wish to know who my allies are before I send them to war."

He steadily made his way to her. "The consequence of my near demise in the Stepstones is that we now control them. I took care to fully garrison the territory this time, a total blockade of the shipping lanes will be in place in days, if not already. The Triarchy have been routed, the Narrow Sea is ours." Visenya quietly chuckled in some relief. "If we further seal the Gullet, we can cut off all seaborne travel and trade to King's Landing."

Rhaenys piped up with a small smile. "I shall take Meleys and patrol the Gullet myself."

"When we drain the Narrow Sea, we can surround King's Landing, lay siege to the Red Keep and force the Greens' surrender."