𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙍𝙚𝙙 𝙆𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩.

"I know you're upset."

Rhaenyra's face remained blank as she combed through her daughter's hair. "I'm not upset." She pinned a braid. "I thought I knew what you wanted, what your aspirations were. I was under the impression we were close."

"We are, of course we are." Visenya tilted her head forward to allow her easy access to finish the hairstyle. "Aemond is different. He makes me feel different."

"He wasn't exactly what I wanted for you."

"You wanted Aegon for me."

"I care for your happiness and your comfort." She closed her eyes for a moment. "And if you believe in him, then I support you. I do not understand the sudden rush you're in, I don't understand much of your relationship, to be honest. Finished."

The bride smiled at her reflection, admiring her mother's handiwork. "It's something only we can understand, really. Sometimes I struggle, as well. Thank you."

It wasn't long before Rhaenyra was helping her dress, tightening the white gown around her waist. "I'm not ready for this." She whispered, tying the lace.

"It's alright, mother." The pair of women shared an embrace, one clinging onto the other with such fierceness. "It's time."

They had chosen not to do it in a sept, as neither truly believed in any sort of faith.

Daemon approached the door, taking his position beside his stepdaughter, linking their arms. "And you're really fucking sure of this?" He voiced abruptly.

"Yes."

"Then say it."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm really fucking sure of this."

"I trust that you're smiling under that veil of yours."

The doors opened, revealing the family of the bride on the left, sporting small smiles, while the groom's family on the right seemed a little less than chipper, but still pleased nonetheless. Viserys was sat silent, head hanging low in fatigue.

They walked down the shorter aisle in sync, reaching the Septon with Daemon moving a little quicker. Most likely to get the ordeal done and over with. He lifted her veil, draping it over the back of her head to reveal her face, a miniscule tear threatening to prick at his eye as he gave her away.

"You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your protection." The Septon spoke.

Aemond, with a cocky smile, removed her Velaryon cloak to wrap his own around her shoulders. He stopped for a moment, admiring the new Targaryen sigil across her back.

"My lords, my ladies, we stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife. One flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever." The bride and groom join hands, their officiator tying a knotted ribbon around them. "Let it be known that Visenya of House Velaryon and Aemond of House Targaryen are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder."

A moment went by. "In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity." The ribbon is unravelled, their hands still willingly joined. "Look upon each other and say the words."

They recited their vows simultaneously.

"I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days."

"I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days."

Quick to lay a hand on her cheek, "With this kiss, I pledge my love." Aemond announced, his eyes transfixed on hers as he captured her in a kiss. Visenya held the back of his neck, grinning into the affection, keeping him close to her even after pulling away to hear the small claps from their families.