He Returned...

It was a normal day, Harry had just finished his training with his father and they were taking a break, when a barn owl flew right in front of them, dropped a letter, and flew away as quickly as possible. Silem had caught the letter before it could touch the ground and looked at it. On one side, he saw a purple wax seal bearing a very familiar coat of arms; a lion, an eagle, a badger, and a snake surrounding a large letter H. It was from Hogwarts. Face pale and lips pressed into a firm line, he flipped the envelope over. The address read:

Mr. H. Potter

?????

?????

?????

?????

At least they didn't seem to know where they were. Silem sighed. What should he do? "Dad? What's that?" Silem looked at his son, then back at the envelope he held in a tight grip. "Trouble. That's what it is." Harry tilted his head as he just looked at his father. Silem sighed once more before giving it to the young Demon Prince. "It's for you." Harry stared at it, confused, lips tugged down in a frown at the address. "It says it's for a 'Mr. Potter'...?" Silem nodded solemnly. "Let's go inside. There's something I must tell you. Something I should've told you a long time ago, but was too afraid to say." Now Harry was concerned. What could possibly scare his father, a powerful Demon Lord?

They went up to the drawing room to talk. Silem sat heavily in his favorite chair, which was right by the fireplace. Harry took the chair next to him, waiting nervously for what his father had to say. Silem sighed before telling him everything he knew. How Harry's birth parents were killed by a power-hungry dark wizard, how he was left at his Aunt and Uncle's doorstep, how Silem had seen what awaited Harry if he had left him there. How Harry had been born a human. They sat in silence for a long time as Harry stared at the man who had raised him. So many emotions flooded through him. Hatred of the human wizard that killed his parents, betrayal from being lied to for so long, sadness that he never knew his birth parents, anger over how the human muggles were going to treat him, but he also felt grateful and loved. Grateful that the Demon Lord before him saved him from that life and was trying to keep him from getting hurt. Loved that the man cared for him so much, that he was fearful of how the truth might impact him. He understood why his father had done what he had, but he was also happy that he told him the truth instead of keeping the lie going. Harry got up and hugged Silem. "You will always be my father." Silem hugged his son back, relief flooding through him. "And you will always be my son."

Eventually they parted, and Harry looked at the envelope once more. Taking a deep breath, he slowly opened it and extracted two papers from it. On the first, he read:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress

And sure enough, the second piece of paper was the list of supplies he would need if he went. "Harry, this is your choice and yours alone. No matter what you choose, I will support you. Do you want to go to Hogwarts?" "I... I don't know. Can I think about it?" "Of course, take all the time you need."

Harry laid in his bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything his father had told him. For so long, he had hated humans, and now he finds out that he had been born one. Humans still sounded cruel and selfish. From the Human wizard that killed others for power all the way to the Human Muggles that were planning on making him suffer just for being different. If he decided to go to that school, he'd be surrounded by humans. But... maybe he could learn more about his birth parents. Besides, it seems these Mortals need to be taught a very important lesson. Harry smirked to himself. It seems that he had made his decision. And it would be the Humans that would pay the price, starting with the wizarding world.~

Instead of sending an owl like the Humans wanted, Harry sent his pet crow, Charon, to deliver his message. Together, Harry and Silem looked at the list of equipment Harry would need.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Uniform

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

Course books

All students should have a copy of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other equipment

1 wand

1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

Harry frowned. He didn't like the thought of mere Humans telling him what to do, but he would play along. For now, at least.