【Chapter 13】

Over the course of the year, Polnareff and I travelled in and out of Paris to look for some leads on the Stand Arrow.

As agreed, Rita called us every few days to give us an update on her findings, unfortunately she was having a much luck as we were in getting any information or clues to help us find the arrow.

Eventually, our time in France was up, and Rita returned to us so we could make our way to the next location we planned to go to, Switzerland.

We should have expected that we'd again have no luck in Switzerland either, so we decided on moving onto Germany after 9 months of being in Switzerland.

We made our way over to Germany and our first main stop which was the city of Stuttgart.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Polnareff asked.

"Once we get to Stuttgart, we'll split up. I'll start headin' towards the East of Germany whilst you two start goin' North," Rita suggested, then added, "like we did in France, we'll make a point of callin' each other every few days to give any updates on the search."

"Sounds like a plan," I agreed.

As we approached the border of Stuttgart, dark clouds started to fill the sky.

"Are you kiddin' me? It was sunny only moments ago," Rita hissed and glanced over at us. "If you two want to get inside the carriage to stay dry, feel free to do so-" She was cut off when a lightening bolt hit the ground at least twenty metres away from us. Rita's horses reared back and whinnied at the lightning and the loud bang of thunder that came afterwards.

"Woah boys, it's okay. It's just a bit of thunder and lightning," Rita said to try and calm her horses.

Another bolt of lightning hit the ground, only this time it was closer to us.

"Shit! It's heading towards us! Let's get out of here!" Polnareff yelled.

Rita pulled on the reins and guided the horses backwards. As she directed the horses to go in another direction, a bolt of lightning hit the ground in the direction we were about to go.

Rita let out a low growl and turned the horses round again, only for another bolt of lightning to strike the ground in front of us again.

"Why the hell does it keep hitting where we're about to go?!" Polnareff growled, then added, "it's as if the lightning is being controlled!"

I looked at Polnareff with a raised eyebrow and jumped slightly as another lightning bolt hit the ground a lot closer to us. "How can lightning be controlled? They travel between different charged areas, so it's something it does on it's own," I pointed out.

"What is it you've said before? Anything is possible, even the impossible. What's the bet that the lightning is being controlled by a Stand user?" The Frenchman argued.

"Why would we be attacked by a Stand user?" Rita asked as she tried to steer the horses in another direction only to be blocked by another bolt of lightning.

"Y/N, don't forget about what Horse Face said, there will be people after us that want to go after the arrow as well. Someone must have caught wind of us looking for the arrow, so they want to stop us from finding it," Scarlet Phantom warned through my head.

"Shit..." I hissed, and looked back up. "We need to abandon the carriage."

"What?! I'm not abandoning my carriage!" Rita yelled over the thunder.

"We don't have a choice. The carriage is too big to turn around quick enough. We'll take the horses and get away from here."

"Y/N's right. If we are to stand a chance of survival, we need to get out of here quickly," Polnareff agreed.