Chapter Fourty: Christmas Joy

Start from the beginning

Dean smiled happily and leaned his chin on his hand. "So...who's the queen? If she's your princess."

Jack looked at Dean. "Anna is. She always has been."

"Aw. That's sweet," he stood up and clapped his hands together. "Hey, I'm gonna raid your fridge for some leftovers, then I'm gonna head back to the bunker."

"Just don't take everything." I said as he went into the kitchen.

                               💠💠💠

The days passed quickly and pretty soon, Christmas was today. I pulled the pie out of the oven and set it on the stove to cool as Jack and Kelly helped make the eggnog.

A loud knock came on the door and Dean burst through the door with presents in a giant red bag over his shoulder.

"Uncle Dean!" Kelly hopped down from the stool and ran to hug her uncle, wrapping her arms around his leg.

"Hey, kiddo. Being good for your parents?" Dean asked as he set the bag down on the couch and lifted her up into his arms.

"Yeah! Where's Uncle Sam?" Kelly asked excitedly as she looked around for her other uncle.

Sam walked through the door and kicked off the snow from his winter boots, taking off his jacket. "It's freezing out there."

"It's -1 degree, Sammy. What did you expect?" Dean said to his brother, passing Kelly off to him when Dakota came through with a smile, styling an ugly Christmas sweater that she somehow managed to look good in.

"Hey! What can I help with?" Dakota asked when she came into the kitchen.

"No no, you're a guest with us today. Your job is to drink eggnog and get fat with us while we stuff ourselves with turkey and pie." I said.

"Pie?" Dean looked at me.

"Yup. Sam gave me the recipe for Scarecrow Apple Pie." I smiled at Sam.

"Yes! I love you, kid!" Dean came over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Nice to see everyone all in one place again." the familiar voice of Jody grabbed our attention and we all saw her and the girls walk in with presents, setting them by the tree and hugging us.

    "Hey, Jody. How are you?" Jack hugged her.

    "I'm doing just fine, Jack," she hugged me as well. "Shouldn't you be taking it easy?"

    "I'll be fine, Jody. The baby's not due for at least another week or so." I answered as I hugged her back.

    "Yeah, yeah, what about baby names? You thought of them?" Claire asked me with a large smile.

    "We talked about it and figured if the baby is a girl, Celine. And if it's a boy, Castiel. Cass." Jack said Cass' name with a smile at Sam and Dean.

    "I want a brother!" Kelly shrieked, cutting through the comfortable silence and making us all laugh.

    "Did I miss the party?" a voice asked, making me turn towards the door and see Belphegor standing there with three wrapped presents.

    "Bel. Glad you could make it. Come in." I walked over to him and took the presents from his arms.

    "Sorry. I wasn't expecting to be buying for everyone here. I just got one for you, Jack, and Kelly." Belphegor said to me as he looked around at the people in the house.

    "That's alright. You didn't have to do that, but I'm sure they will be great." I smiled at him and set the presents by the tree as he walked into the house.

    "I wasn't expecting to be invited to this. Given not all of us have good history." Belphegor said to everyone.

     "Well, it's Christmas. Whatever differences we have, we can push them aside for one day." Jack answered.

    "I'm surprised you're okay with this, Jack. I mean, I did possess your body twice."

    "I'm trying to forget that." he answered with a nod.

    "Cool. Cool cool cool. Where's the little kid?" he asked as he looked around to find Kelly on Dean's shoulders.

    "Daddy, who's that man by Mommy?" Kelly asked her father.

    "That's one of Mommy's friends, Kelly." Jack answered her.

    "Hi!" Kelly waved at Belphegor. "Mommy, can we do presents?"

    "Sure we can, sweetie. Why don't you go organize the piles?" I suggested.

    "Yay! Aunt Jody, come help!" Kelly climbed off Dean's back and grabbed her aunt's hand, the two of them heading for the tree.

                               💠💠💠

Everyone had gone home when the sky was darkening, and we had packed them up some food for tomorrow or as a midnight snack.

    "Thanks again for inviting me," Belphegor said as I packed him some food from our leftovers.

    "Yeah, of course. Glad you could make it." I smiled and set some containers in the bag on the counter of the kitchen.

    "Back in Hell, Christmas wasn't something we celebrated." he said.

    "I can imagine why," I said, sitting down across from him in a stool.

    "I used to love Christmas when I was human."

    "What was your favorite part?" I asked.

    "Besides the food? Just spending time with my family. This was my first resurrected human Christmas without them." he said, smiling at me softly. "so thanks again. I really didn't want to spend Christmas alone this year."

    I smiled a little. "No one deserves to be alone during Christmas, Belphegor."

He looked down at my stomach and looked back at me. "How long?"

"Probably a week or so. It's hard to track pregnancies with Nephilim babies."

"Hm. I think it'd be cool to have a kid."

"Well, in that case, I'll set you up with a nice girl to settle down with." I offered.

    Belphegor got up and took the bag, the both of us heading out of the house and into the cold winter. "See you next year?"

    "Maybe. Unless you get yourself a girl. Or guy." I said.

    "It'll be a girl, Anna. Just not sure if it'll be the right girl." he said with a smile at me.

    "Oh, she'll be the right girl for you alright. Not many women can put up with you. I almost killed you myself a couple times."

    "Yeah. You had every right to, so..." he nodded. "I should be heading back to the house."

    "Okay. Get there safely. It's icy on the roads today."

    "I will. Get inside before you catch pneumonia." he said as he walked towards the dusty red car he had.

    I walked inside the house and closed the door, seeing Jack come down the stairs and into the living room. "Is Kelly asleep?"

    "Yeah. I just got her to sleep," he answered, pulling me into his arms and kissing me gently. "Merry Christmas, Anna."

    I leaned the side of my head against his chest and wrapped my arms around him. "Merry Christmas, Jack."