🌹 A Not-so-Friendly Encounter, Let's Get Picking! 🌹

Start from the beginning

"Na need tae get embarrassed lass. Eva told me aw aboot yer situation, in fact, yer mother was juist as confused as ye were when A first mentioned bears an horses tae her." That surprised Lia.

"You knew my mother?"

"Pika?" (Really?) Pikachu tilted his head.

"Indeed A did! A was one of the first people yer father introduced tae her whan she first came tae Twisted Wonderland. E'en performed with her in some shows whan she started her career here."

"You're a singer too Miss Mac?" Maddie asked.

"Not as good as the lass's maw. But ay, A was. A wasn't much in tae the spotlight most women in showbiz are. But singin about ma imagination was like ridin down a new adventure."

"I bet that's how my mom felt too." Lia said thoughtfully.

"Yer mother was a wonderful woman lass. Never met anyone else like her. A was proud tae have known her." Miss Mac told her, placing a comforting hand on Lia's shoulder.

"Thank you, Miss Mac."

"Anytime lass. Now, A believe we've left yer friends waitin for long enough." Miss Mac said, gesturing her head to the door. And sure enough, the boys and Grim were peeping from the corner of the doorway. As soon as they found that they were spotted, they quickly dove back behind the frame. Not that it made any difference.

Lia, Miss Mac, and the others laughed as Pikachu and Persian just shook their heads.

"Pika," (Dummies)

"Real mature boys."

"We'll see you later Miss Mac. Come by at the Ramshakle dorm anytime." Lia smiled.

"Will do lass! Ye all tak care now!" Miss Mac waved them off.

"I like her." Maddie beamed as she walked with Lia and the others out of the classroom.

"She seems quite the character doesn't she? Now, you and Matt head back to the dorm and help Indeedee get dinner ready. Me and the boys are going to be busy for the rest of the day till dark. Don't let any one in unless it's Madame Eva, Crowley or anyone else in the school staff. Got it?" Lia informed the two.

"You got it Li!" Maddie playfully saluted.

"We'll make sure everything's ready till you get back." Matt nodded to her.

"Good, Persian, will you make sure they get back safely?" Lia asked her feline Pokémon friend.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them. Especially missy here." he gestured his paw to Maddie.

"Hey!" Maddie hissed as they walked off.

"You guys ready yet?" Ace replied impatiently as Lia and Pikachu got close to him and the other two.

"Dude, there's this thing, called Patience." Deuce retorted.

"What are you getting miffed about? You're not the one who has to deal with this thing around your neck and not being able to use magic!" Ace snarked back, pointing at his caller.

"Alright, alright let's get going. Wouldn't want you to miss dinner and eat someone else's treats out of hunger again now, would you? ~" Lia hummed.

Deuce, Pikachu, and Grim snickered as Ace fumed.

"Oh sure, rub it in why don't you?"

It didn't take long for the group to find the forest behind the school. If Lia was being honest, she now wanted to explore the forest for herbs and new plants to discover.