Part 2

"Well," Rui smiled, pulling Nene closer to him, "we're dating!"

Oh. Tsukasa was. . . hmm, how do you say this? I guess you could say his feelings were. . . unexplainable?

"Ehhhh?! Really?! That's great!! Congratulations you two!" Emu yelled.

Tsukasa stared at the ground. It has to be a joke, right?

"Tsukasa? Are you good?" Rui asked with concern in his voice.

"Oh, me? Y- yea, yup, I'm perfectly fine. Great actually. Oh and it's great your dating Nene, you two are perfect for each other, you know?" Tsukasa smiled looking up from the ground.

"Well, I'm glad to know our friends aren't upset with Nene's and my decision," Rui laughed.

Friends. That's all we are. All we can ever be. Just friends, Tsukasa thought. He bit his lip hard to the point it started to bleed

"Your bleeding Tsukasa," Nene pointed out.

"Oh, am I? I'll go to the nurse really quick then," Tsukasa said before getting up and leaving the rooftop.

Tsukasa walked down the halls towards the bathroom. He felt sick. In the bathroom, he locked himself in the stall. That's when he couldn't hold in his tears anymore.

He cried silently.

I'm so pathetic. Crying over a dumb boy, just because he likes someone else, he whispered to himself.

*COUGH COUGH* Tsukasa put his had over his mouth to cover it. When he removed it, he was surprised to see flower petals. Rose petals. Red ones too.

Red roses that represent love and passion and romance. Why roses? Why is he coughing up rose petals? Why is he coughing up flower petals in the first place? All these questions he had no answer to.

Sitting there, he wiped away the tears and waited for a few minutes so he'd look normal again.

Before he decided to leave the restroom, he coughed again. More petals came out. One even had a spot of blood on it.

Maybe I should just go home, he sighed while flushing the petals in the toilet.

Tsukasa walked out of the stall, washed his hands, and left the restroom.

The bell rung again, signaling lunch was over. Hoping he wouldn't run into Rui or the others, he went to grab his bag.

After easily avoiding contact with anyone, he ran out the school and ran home.

He coughed all the way there, leaving a faint trail of rose petals behind him.

He ran to his room and locked the door. He couldn't let anyone know what was happening to him, he wouldn't have been able to explain why.

"Tsukasa! Are you in there?!" His mom yelled while knocking on his door.

"Y-yea," he responded.

"Come open the door."

Tsukasa went to the door, but then hesitated. Should he really be letting his mother in?

"Tsukasa?"

"Ah, sorry," Tsukasa said, opening the door.

Tsukasas mom came in carrying a load of laundry. "You forgot to take your clothes out the dryer this morning so I just came to bring them over for you. Oh, why are you home so early? Did something happen?"

"Well I-" *COUGH COUGH* Tsukasa quickly covered his mouth with his hand to catch the petals. He crumpled them up in his fist and hid them in his pocket. "I haven't been feeling well. Ahem," Tsukasa said, clearing his throat.

"Oh, okay. Well I hope you feel better," she smiled before leaving his room and closing the door behind her.

Tsukasa sighed and then took the crushed flower petals out of his pocket.

He walked over to his desk and threw away the petals in the trash can underneath the desk.

I should text them that I'm not feeling well. Wait, he paused, if they think I'm sick, we might not be able to preform tomorrow. It's not like I have classes with anyone, so they won't know if I'm at school or not.

Tsukasa sat back down on his bed. Maybe this is all a dream and I'm actually sleeping right now. He pinched himself. Yup, definitely not.

He layed down and hugged his teddy bear. It was the one Rui had gotten him for his birthday. Since Saki told Rui how big Tsukasas stuffed animal collection is, Rui decided to get Tsukasa another one. It had a soft brown color and was really fluffy. The teddy bear held a star between its two hands and had a small crown on the top of its head. It became one of Tsukasa's favorites pretty quickly.

Tsukasa scrolled through Instagram, still hugging his little bear, and came across a picture of him and Rui. They were smiling. However, just thinking about Rui hurt Tsukasa. It'd remind him of how Rui is now dating Nene. Remembering that makes him cough up  petals.

Tsukasa didn't feel like getting up to throw away the petals this time. Instead, he turned off his phone, and started to doze off. A while later, he fell asleep.

Sorry that it took me awhile to get this chapter out. I haven't done 3rd person in a while so I'm trying my best anyways I hope the next chapter will be out soon Thanks for the support!