THE BAD GROUP

“Who else is in our group?” Shira asked Beatrix.
“ I don't know. We just have to wait and see.”

The last class of the day, Surviving Fairy Tales, was the only one that mixed students from Good and Evil. After Professor Dovey ordered Everboys to the Armory to turn in their personal weapons, both schools reported to the Blue Forest gates, where fairies sorted them into Forest Groups, eight Evers and eight Nevers in each. As other children found their leaders (an ogre for Group 2, a centaur for Group 8, a lily nymph for 12) Shira, Beatrix and Sophie were the first to arrive under the flag stamped with a bloodred “3.”

While Shira and Beatrix waited for their friends, Shira saw the girl from the welcoming, the other reader. Shira didn't know who she was but wanted to be friendly, even if she is a never, and introduced herself.

“Hi I’m Shira and you are?” While Beatrix was shaking her head at her friend, thinking she was too nice, Sophie looked at her and gave her a ugly look.

“I’m Sophie and you’re in my school. I was supposed to go to the school of good not you. You're just a nobody that everyone will soon forget and cherish me instead.”

Shira and Beatrix looked at her with confusion and disbelief, Beatrix got annoyed that this girl would dare say those things to her friend and still thought she could go to the school for good. She opened her mouth to yell at her but someone beat her to it.

I’d say never,” a voice sounded behind them.
They turned to Tedros walking toward them and stood in front of Shira protectively.

Sophie saw this and got angry, this was her prince, her shining armor protecting that nobody instead of saving her from the school of evil.

She glared at Shira with so much hate Shira flinched back and hid behind Tedros. The other Evers seeing this glared right back and shocked Sophie from her glare.

Not paying the other girls any attention Sophie turned to Tedros, fluttered her eyelashes and tried flirting with him.

“Hi, I’m Princess Sophie from the woods beyond and I was just talking to them and they were so rude to me.” she pouted, thinking he would take her side.

Tedros looked at her then frowned. “Princess? The woods beyond doesn't have a Princess and I was here the moment y'all started talking, and you know what, all i saw was a Never bullying and Ever.”

Sophie was shocked that he didn’t believe her, everyone always took her side and trusted she was always right.

“You’ve got to be kidding,” said a girl’s voice behind them.
They turned to see Reena, under the bloody “3,” along with Dot, Hort, Ravan, Millicent, and the rest of their Forest Group.

To chart all the dirty looks thrown in that moment, one would end up with something resembling a bowl of spaghetti.
“Mmmm,” said a voice below.

They looked down to find a four-foot gnome with wrinkly brown skin, a belted green coat, and a pointy orange hat frowning from a hole in the ground.

“Bad group,” he murmured.
Grumbling loudly, Yuba the Gnome crawled out of his burrow, pulled the gate open with his stubby white staff, and led his students into the Blue Forest.

Tedros grabbed Shira hand, leading her away from Sophie, and started talking in whispers to her, her friends right behind them, as they followed their professor.

Seeing this Sophie wondered how she was going to get his attention now. She thought as soon as he saw her, he would fall in love like she did. She needs to get rid of that girl soon, she was ruining her Happy Ever After.