Chapter 6

Date: September 1st 1991
Time: 7:06
Place: Compartment 15B

Harry POV

Damn the atmosphere in here if so thick I could cut it with a knife....

"Did I say something wrong..?" I ask but all I got was silence... should I stop talking? Or... my thought got interrupted by Ron saying, "we don't talk about that name... so if you hear ANYONE calling Dray that find me or get him out of the room." His voice didn't have his cheerfulness anymore and was replaced with hatred.

I slowly nodded not wanting to get into detail to make the situation worse, Draco stayed quiet and stared back at his book. I knew he wasn't reading it cause I know this will sound creepy but I take quick glances at him and he's a pretty fast reader.

Me and Ron, decided to drop the topic and started talking about random things like sports, what house we're going to be in (I learnt what that ment thanks to Draco), and are hobbies and such.

~9 Minutes Later~

Time: 8:15

The train came to a stop after we heard a loud whistle signalising that we are at our stop. We sat up and grabbed are trunks and walked out the compartment. We walked down the long hallway of the train in exited the train station all year one pupils all got told to follow Hagrid towards the boats where, they would take us to Hogwarts, as we walk down to the boats, I was on a boat with Draco and Ron the boat slowly started moving towards a huge castle, which is also known as Hogwarts.

"I'm so excited,"  said Ron, I would say I was excited to but would also be very nervous. I only figured I was a wizard out not long ago. All these people were born into witches or wizards what if I don't fit in? What if I fail and I get kicked out? Will everyone hate me in the school? What if I make no friends? All my thought quickly vanished when everyone gasped and looked up. I looked up as well to see the humongous castle, which is somehow a school, Hagrid told us to jump out of are boats and follow him.

I quickly jump off my boat and followed Ron and Draco," I bet you I'm going to be in Ravenclaw," said a girl with black straight hair that cut to her shoulders and with black brown eyes. "Oh yeah? well I think you're gonna be in Slytherin, I mean, Parkinson's are always in Slytherin" said the girl with brown hair and caramel looking eyes.

I zoned out of their conversation and focused on Draco and Ron trying to keep up with them, they look like they knew what they were doing so i think I'll stick with him for now. "Hey mate, what house do you think you'll be in?" Said Ron with a happy smile looking back at me, I just shrugged my shoulders and looked back at the ground. I was about to say something when I heard my name coming from one of the groups behind me." I heard Harry Potter is attending Hogwarts this year." Said a boy with blonde hair and dark green eyes. His group gasped and looked around trying to spot me. Am I famous in this school? "What house do you think he'll be in?" Said a smaller girl who looked exactly like the boy who said my name earlier. They started to  gossip about me and about how I apparently survived a man, who shall not be named, I didn't listen to the rest of the conversation and picked up my place and headed towards Draco and Ron.

As we enter the castle, we are told to drop off our luggage. At the end of the stairs I put down my luggage that is right next to Draco's and Ron's and made my way up the stairs we got stopped by an elderly woman who told us about the founders of Hogwarts and are house will be like our family.

We are starting to walk through the big doors and held behind them was a huge hall filled with students separated into 4 tables:
Ravenclaw
Hufflepuff
Gryffindor
And Slytherin.

The old hat then said:
"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.
You can keep your bowlers black,
Your top hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.
There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.
You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry,
Set Gryffindors apart;
You might belong in Hufflepuff
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true,
And unafraid of toil;
Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;
Or perhaps in Slytherin,
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means,
To achieve their ends.
So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And don't get in a flap!
You're in safe hands (though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!"

Peoples names, starting to get called up onto the big platform, where an old rusty hat got placed on their heads and started to speak and shout out houses. It made it down the list and I only remember some peoples names like:

Lily, Parks: Hufflepuff.
Oscar, Richard: Slytherin
Amanda, Richard: Slytherin
Ben, Brown: Ravenclaw
Hermione, Granger: Gryffindor
Cho, Chang: Ravenclaw
And Luna, Lovegood: Ravenclaw

Draco got called up and got sorted into Ravenclaw, then Ron who got sorted into Gryffindor, and lastly, my name is called on the list...

"Harry, Potter..."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

~~~~~

T.B.C