Chapter Five(part one)

TALON KNIGHTLY

Making friends

The obstacle course had not been a walk in the park. I nearly didn't make it with so many aliens targeting me. It was ridiculous.

It was like being a new learner and catching the eyes of the school bullies. But I made it much to their chagrin. Stay focused and stay alive. That was all that fuelled my need to make it to the finish line.

This had nothing to do with the Azurian princess for me. I just couldn't let my people down. I refused to give up. Damn the aliens. They could corner me all they wanted but would still remain a victor. They were not getting rid of me that easily.

I was walking in what seemed like an alien version of a park. The walkway was made of gleaming white stones. The cut grass on either side of the patio was usually dark for a lawn and don't get me started on the trees that adorned the park.

It was really a refreshing sight. And after the gruesome obstacle course, nature was a way to get that horrible event out of my mind.

Kailas walked behind me as always. Even though I knew I could hold my own in a battle Kailas constant presence kept me at ease. He was quite an intimidating man and that alone was enough to scare off anyone that tried to harm me.

There was a dark skinned lad standing before am immaculately carved fountain. A hulky Azurian stood a few feet away from him his eyes looking about vigilantly.

I recognized the dark skinned lad. He was one of the warriors who competed in the tournament. He was quite a skinny guy but I knew not to underestimate him. From what my father told me he was quite a skilled fighter. We had been looking at the profiles of the warriors. You can't exactly fight someone you know nothing about.

His guardian nudged him and they both stared my way. I stood frozen at the patio. I was not an expert on socializing with extraterrestrial beings so their attention was freaking me out.

" The correon wants to talk to you," said Kailas. I subtly stared at the so-called correon then back at my guardian. My dad had always told me to be cautious around aliens. He demons hiding under ethereal cloaks.

I knew he was just bitter because we were the most unfortunate clans to ever exist on Earth. It was not that we were not thankful for the abilities we were gifted with, it just that that they came at a cost. The cost being that we could never live normal lives.

" Talon, " murmured Kailas pulling me out of my train of thoughts. Right now I needed someone to talk to. Someone who was not blood related to me or was obligated to endure my presence.

There was another path that adjoined the path I had currently standing on. Quite frankly there were many paths joining my path. The pattern resembled that of a dendritic drainage system.

The only thing that made this pattern stand out was that some of the smaller paths had even smaller fountains. It was majestic, really beautiful. Something you'd see in sci-fi films back home. The lights, the patterns, everything was futuristic.

I took a deep breath then made my way to the correon taking the right path that snaked around neon white mushroom shaped lights all the way to the fountain.

A pleasant smile tugged on his lips, like he was quite pleased that I decided to come to him. When we were about four feet away from each other I nodded to him in acknowledgement. His smile widened and his unusually large dark green eyes twinkled with joy. Apart from his long pointy ears he pretty much looked human.

His was dark toned and his hair was as green as his eyes. He looked like a tall version of an elf. I really had a neck for reading people. And just by looking at the correon I could tell that he was a happy-go-lucky alien dude who probably would prefer dancing at home than fighting in this rather unnecessary tournament.