Chapter Eight: Permanently

3rd person pov: 

The atmosphere had somehow seemed colder as the Bakugou-Kirishima family enters the facility that Kenji goes to have a monthly check up since the incident. Personally, Kenji didn't see any difference from if he had gone to these appointments or not, but that could just be because the fact that the place was in complete isolation from the rest of the world was uncomfortable enough for him to hate the place.

"Ahh the Kirishima family! Always a pleasure to see you all~"

A familiar voice could be heard as the family continues their way further into the facility. The person in which the voice came from was an older man with black ear length hair, pale skin, and black eyes. complimented with a long white coat signifying his role within the facility. The family meets him halfway with the entrance hallway as both Eijirou and Katsuki shake hands with the man. 

"Thanks for seeing us again, Doc, couldn't ask for any better."   

Eijirou says as he bows slightly towards the man.

"OH, Please, Mr. Kirishima, like I've said before you can just call me Axel."

Eijirou just chuckles as he stands back up straight.

"Right, right, sorry Axel. It's just always been such a huge relief to have you here helping out my family."

Axel simply nods as he holds up his hand in a friendly manner.

"Well thus far Kenji has been amazing patient of mine. Which brings up the question on if anything has happened this past month that I should know about before we bring Kenji on back for his checkup?" 

Axel asks as Katsuki nudges Kenji on this shoulder to get him to take out his earbuds and actually pay attention to what is going on. Normally Kenji just goes in and out like any other doctor appointment would be but with what had happened the other day, he had a feeling that this appointment would be longer than usual.

"Actually yeah. Kenji for some reason had one of those really bad outburst moments. It was completely out of nowhere, and unsettling to say the least. No offense Bud."

Kenji waves his father off as he allows him to continue. 

"Hmm. i figure that it was the one where his eyes had changed with the veins sticking out more and such?"

Axel questions as he begins to jot some things down onto the clipboard he had within the side of his arm.

"Well, that's just the thing Do-, I mean Axel. This time when I went to go help him out his body had completely transformed into what we could only identify as a nomu. He wasn't himself at all this time around."

Axel stops writing as he highs somewhat heavily and the family's faces all seem to drop in a way.

"Unfortunately, I can't say anything positive with the information you just gave me. It seems as though even with the bracelet you guys were given for Kenji that the side effects of what The League of Villains had done to him are still pretty dominate and with the already visible effects, like Kenji's new tail and all. There's no way to know for certain that Kenji wont eventually just turn into what you described as 'Nomu' permanently."

Everyone's eyes seem to grow wider as Axel told the news. Kenji especially was shocked as he stood there with a slight tremble beginning to form. Katsuki frowns as he grabs Kenji's arm comfortably while death glaring towards the doctor.

"Stop spouting out BULLSHIT doc! What the hell you mean permanently!?"

Eijirou tries to calm his husband down as he holds both Katsuki's and Kenji's hands.