Red and Red don't mix

~

The grip on his collar loosened as his father's voice was heard. "Mitsuki, I think that is enough." His voice is level as it always is. Dismissing the maids to go back to their routines, He pulled his wife away from the panicking boy. Mitsuki had only realized his state after the anger slowly washed away from her.

Mitsuki stepped to the side for her husband flabbergasted, as she realized her son was hyperventilating, heavily.

"Just breathe with me, ok? In through your nose, out through your mouth, ready?" He received a head nod from the boy before continuing. "Breathe in, one, two, three." He paused for a moment to try and make Bakugou hold his breath, but he couldn't hold it for more than a second, his inhale was in short staggered breaths. "Out, one two three." Bakugou closed his eyes to concentrate on the sound of his father's voice as they slowly worked through the situation. Masaru was willing to repeat those steps as often as it took because, honestly, it hurt his fatherly heart to see his son in such a wrong position.

"Are you ready to talk now?" He felt Katsuki had almost full control after about 20 minutes of that process.

"Sure."

Mitsuki timidly stepped forward. "I'm sorry for my outburst, but you need to understand where I am coming from." She took a quick breath to collect her thoughts, "I am trying so hard to make sure you are fit to run this kingdom, but you show me time and time again you are not mature enough. I brushed it off when you were eight years old, or twelve years old, but you are seventeen now Katsuki."

"But what if I don't want to run this shit kingdom." Katsuki spat back. "No one thought to ask me how I thought about taking on the responsibilities of an entire kingdom, what if I'm not fit to do it?"

"It's not whether you want to or not Katsuki, it doesn't matter how you feel. If you are not 'fit' for it you will just have to work harder on yourself. No one asks for this job, it is just the way it is." Mitsuki started getting wound up again but settled herself back down before continuing. "Katsuki, when I was your age I had no intention of wanting to be queen, but like you, I had to grow up and learn to embrace the role; accepting makes everything easier. It may not be the life you wished for, but you will have to get over it simply."

His mother's words took aback BakugouHis mother's words took aback Bakugou. Masaru decided to leave, allowing him to cool down and discuss it later since it was getting late and tensions were still very high.

When the door shut, Bakugou was left in suffocating silence and a head full of confusion. He was trapped in a corner by his thoughts, forced to think about anything and everything. He laid back on the straw-filled mattress and laid his fluffy-blond hair on the feather-stuffed pillow, and stared at the ceiling.

"Bakugou please pay attention while I'm teaching you, or at least act like it." The tired teacher griped at the boy, who had been staring at the floor for the first fifteen minutes of the lesson.

"Oh yeah, sorry." He half-heartedly replied. They both didn't want to be there so early on a Monday, but alas Aizawa was going on about the rights of a king and what he can and cannot do. That's when an unexpected question left Bakugou's lips before he could think twice about it. "What were to happen if a king were to have relations with another man."

"Oh like a friendship? Friendships are allowed of course-."

"No. I mean romantically." What had overcome him to ask? Why did he care?

Aizawa took a long drag of coffee, like comedically long, as if he was altogether wanting to move on from the question, but as a teacher, he knew he had to get it over with.