Chapter 1 - You need to be conscious of the way that you look!

"Is that an iPhone I see?" Princess Shuri inquired out loud as she watched the young black scientist walk away in the distance.

In the parking lot of MIT was her and Okoye scouting for the genius scientist who built the vibranium detector and they maybe just found her.

"Affirmative," The general replied stoutly as she pressed her Kimoyo beads to inform the Queen that they found their target.

"Please tell me it is a Professor," The Queen stated exasperatedly over the communication line.

"It is a student mother. We can't give her to Namor," Shuri said, finding herself a little shaken on what the Serpent God would do to the young girl.

After the Queen gave them the order to bring the girl back to Wakanda, the princess convinced the general to let her go and get the scientist.

~

Walking through the halls of the famous American technology university looking like a student was a first for Shuri. Although some students glanced up at her, she was sure none of them would immediately recognize her because of the way she was trotting by them quickly.

Seemingly finding the room of the inventor, the Wakandan princess saw a note written on a small white board saying 'Solve or Don't Knock.' Given that mathematics is one of her strong suits, the problem was fairly easy so she knocked.

"Yo," The scientist answered from the other side.

"Riri Williams," The princess mimicked in a deep American accent. The other side was silent until the door was opened.

"Yo, I don't do drop byes anymore. You gotta go to the website," Riri stated as she typed away on her phone.

Shuri had a good few seconds to actually look at her. She's pretty cute. Short, but cute. Her hair was neatly braided that complimented her smooth brown skin and almond shaped eyes.

"It's an encrypted file," The princess said in her normal accent, garnering the attention of Riri who finally looked up at her, "I wanted to airdrop it." She softly added, holding up the phone but not taking her eyes off of the girl.

Riri finally looked up to be surprised to see the Wakandan Princess she has only seen on television. Not even paying attention to the phone the princess was holding, she was mesmerized by her sudden visit, unconsciously backing up into her room to let Shuri in.

Shuri saw Riri's shocked expression and put her finger to her lips, trying to get her to speak softly, immediately going to shut the door behind her.

"Y-you're Princess Shuri!" The scientist almost squealed out, "What the hell are you doing here?" Riri paused and thought for a second, "Ah shit, am I getting recruited?"

Shuri turned and gave her a blank stare with a blatant response, "No," as she shook her head. "I'm here about the vibranium detector that you built for the CIA." The Princess added on, taking a small, slow step towards the shorter girl.

Shuri, keep it together. She is a cute girl but you're here on behalf of your country. Focus.

Riri had a perplexed expression drawing out on her face, "Well I ain't built no detector for no CIA. I made that for my metrology class." She countered, defending herself.

The Princess looked at her in disbelief, "A school project?"

"Yeah. My professor said I'd never be able to do it," Riri answered, feeling a little smug, "To be young, gifted and black though right."

Shuri had to do a double take. It's one thing to build a vibranium detector but to do it absentmindedly for a school project? That's some serious talent that cannot be overlooked.