11. mercy, pt. 2

"you ruin that, i will break your arm"

Following the events at the All Valley just an hour ago, Elena sat on Miguel's lap with Adina beside them

Following the events at the All Valley just an hour ago, Elena sat on Miguel's lap with Adina beside them. Aisha was grinning wildly as she began to record the group.

"So, you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The answer." Aisha zoomed on the groups meal, "Victory nachos!" She said in a sing song voice as they all cheered.

Aisha zoomed out of view, "It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but that waitress was not feeling Hawks fake id." Elena watched Hawks face fall at the mention of the id, "Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you."

Elena laughed seeing how scared Hawk looked, "Sorry, Mr. And Mrs. Moskowitz. Anyways, until next time, no mercy, bitches." Aisha pulled a chair next to them,
Miguel dug his head into the crook of Elena's neck.

Taking in the soft scent of strawberries and vanilla, she smelled like a cupcake. "I've got to say, it's nice to be at a victory party." Demetri spoke getting some nachos, "Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory."

Hawk added as he took the nachos from Demetri's hands and ate it, "Then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp. Remember."

Adina snorted as Demetri tried to sing a weird song, "You went to computer camp?" She teased as Hawk hit Demetri on the arm, "Hey cool it with the nerd shit, huh?"

Elena frowned seeing Demetri's face fall, "It's cute. Don't be so harsh." Adina pointed a finger at Hawk, who rolled his eyes.

"So Elena you gonna tell us why you gave up your last fight?" Hawk asked shifting the subject, the girl chocked on her soda. Miguel gently hit her back to help her, Elena tilted her head, "It's stupid."

She denied shaking her head, "Hey, it's not stupid if it put you in a daze." Moon reminded gently rubbing Elena's hand, "Yeah, we're your friends, you can tell us."

Aisha spoke nodding her head, Elena sighed thinking of what to say. "My dad.. he showed up to the tournament... The last time I saw him I-.. we don't have a very good relationship." She paused taking a breath as Miguel gently rubbed his head on her back.

The action brought her a lot of comfort, "He's an asshole so I freaked out when I heard him cheer for me. I hadn't heard him be so nice since I was 12." Adina sent Elena a small smile knowing that wasn't the whole truth.

Hawk gently flicked Elena on the cheek, "Well, we're your family now. No matter what, you've got us." Elena sent him a thankful grin, "Yeah, plus you're a total badass! You were the last girl fighting!"