Chapter 39

Aiden's POV:

Fighter planes. Out of everything that could be going on right now, planes with weapons on all cylinders are after us. Nothing could possibly get worse.

"Your captain is now turning on the self-defense mechanisms. Please get to your stations," A beep from overhead shook the plane slightly.

Suddenly, the room dimmed. Two large screens folded out of the ceiling and showed targets for the planes behind us. The seats were now pushed against the walls, and controls came out of the ground. I was hardly processing what was happening right now.

"Let's go Blondie, we need you too," Chaos gave me some ugly glasses to wear.

We all shuffled towards the back. Somehow, all of the rooms turned into one. Weapons and screens also covered the rooms around us. There was a big window showing the black jets inching toward us.

My feet wouldn't move. I was flabbergasted at the sudden change.

Snow called my name, but I was still processing.

"Give him a minute. It's a little hard to believe the jet just became a full-on weapon. Just make sure he doesn't faint," Chaos told her.

Finding my head again, they told each other numbers and things I didn't understand. I wanted to help, but at the same time, I didn't trust myself not to kill everyone in there.

Snow and Silence suddenly ran passed me back into the main room. I couldn't form the words to ask where they were going.

"You with us again, kid?" Shooter looked at me.

I nodded, "Yea...yea I'm here."

"Wonderful. Here's your job," He walked me to the back corner, "Their jet's main source of weapon is the bullets or the things that follow the target which I don't know what they're called. We'll call them..."

"Target bullets?" I suggested.

He shrugged, "Sure. Why the hell not? Anyways your job is to call out where and when they come out of the planes. Easy right?"

A loud screeching noise came from outside.

"SHOOTER!" Chaos yelled.

He quickly got into a small compartment to the side. I sat down in the chair and looked at all the buttons in front of me. Almost half of them were lit up, and 2 were red. Either Shooter made this seem a lot more simple than it looks, or he's trying to get me to panic.

I focused on the dots on a small screen. Just before I asked Shooter, two dots appeared next to each of the planes behind us.

"Bullets," I said without thinking.

Two machine guns came out of the sides of their planes. They started spinning at such a fast pace that I felt as if we'd die in the next 2 seconds.

"CAPTIAN!" Chaos yelled.

Our jet took a sudden drop through the air, grabbing enough distance away from the jets. I hated turbulence in a plane, but this was much worse.

From underneath the plane. It felt as if the ground was having such a big earthquake that it affected us too. I looked over at Chaos, and he was smiling so widely, I thought he had just lost his mind.

"We need to use this more often," He corrected the controls in his area.

The fighters appeared again in the air, but this time, Chaos was ready.

"Centered," Shooter exclaimed.

With that, Chaos pressed something to shoot out of our plane, right into one of their wings. The noise when it hit was so loud, it was like a grenade right next to my ear.