redder wine or blood

[CHAPTER FOUR]

[CHAPTER FOUR]

He never even spared her a glance. When petitions were made and they stood opposite one another, he did not bring himself to lift his gaze from the concrete floor, not even for a moment. Eleanor could have been shaking with rage, her anger was evident enough for her family to cast her worrisome glances, Daemon resting a comforting hand on her shoulder. 

Whilst Aemond couldn't look at her, it seemed it his brother, Aegon, couldn't stop. His intent filled eyes raked up and down her body, shamelessly sizing her up and admiring her curves, drooling at the meer sight of the diamond. She felt his eyes wandering, but she ignored them, too fixated on her burning anger to care. 

Ser Vaemond's head could not have been decapitated sooner. But amidst the chaos, her eyes were still set on him. The screams and the pool of blood in front of her did not make her falter, she stood still, unmoving, unfazed, willing him to meet her stare. He didn't. 

It would be much harder to avoid her now. The sun had set, the court had been dismissed and Viserys' descendants gathered around a large dinner table upon the King's own request. They sat at opposite ends of the table, Aemond and Eleanor. To her left sat her aunt Heleana, and to her right, the Queen, but she was not focused on them. Her eyes remained straight forward at the man opposite her, still failing to look her in the eye. 

She had been dressed in her finest silks, reds, yellows and oranges clinging onto her body and accentuating her features perfectly. She was a sight to behold, her locks braided perfectly, flowers tucked precisely into her locks to decorate - she truely was the seven realms' beauty. 

The King's arrival subsided her annoyance for a moment, as she watched her Grandfather take his seat in between his wife and his daughter. "How good it is... to see you all tonight... together." If only Visersy had known, he was the only one to be happy with the company. His wife, Alicent, had suggested they pray before the commencement of dinner, and Eleanor met eyes with Daemon who smirked and winked at her mischievously, she mirrored this action. 

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Eleanor raised her brows incredulously at the Queens words, damn the fool Vaemond Valaryon. He had cursed out her mother and her siblings, he surely did not deserve to rest. 

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes... and their betrothed."

Eleanor tilted her glass of wine back and emptied the content of the company in a quick moment. Aegon shot her a confused, although impressed look, her mother not so proud. Eleanor knew this night would be one of great torture, she refused to withstand it without the light buzz of red wine.