needle in a haystack

"Bisa dīnagon smells hae qrugh

"Bisa dīnagon smells hae qrugh."

Daemon sniggered a laugh to agree with the young girl, this place did smells like shit. The family were sat in a carriage being pulled through King's Landing to eventually arrive at the Red Keep where they would reside amidst their stay. Eleanor already was not pleased by their trip and they'd barely just arrived. 

The cobble stone streets whirled past quickly from her safe and comfortable position inside of the carriage - and she could see that this city truely inhabited the best of the best, and the worst of the worst. The harsh conditions of Flea Bottom plagued her, having heard rumours of the despicable treatment of women and children in the area, what disgusted her most was the complete disregard and ignorance shown for the epidemic. 

"All hail Rhaenyra of House Targaryen, Princess of Dragons tone and heir to the Iron Throne and her royal consort, Prince Daemon Targaryen." The carriage had slowed to a stop, and the family lead by Rhaenyra and Daemon made haste in exiting the vehicle. The girl's tired eyes scanned the courtyard to find nothing but a couple of guards and the Lord Caswell to greet them. Not exactly the welcome she was expecting, although she was quite relieved to have arrived in such quietness.  

"Hospitable, as always." Her observation was bitter, but nobody disagreed. Since the fallout between her brothers and uncles those many years ago, nobody had expected warm hugs and a joyous reunion. But perhaps they at least expected the common curtsy to be greeted upon their arrival.

Rhaenyra observed her daughters sour look and decided it would probably be best to keep her as far from the Greens as possible for the time being, knowing her dislike for the entire family runs deep. Deeper than she likes to lead on. The woman had discovered her daughter in a puddle of her own tears upon discovering that Aemond ignored all of her letters. It was going to be a messy reunion no doubt. 

Eleanor, accompanied by her younger brothers Jace and Luke, separated from their mother to explore the town they used to call home. It seemed so unfamiliar now, such a foreign place despite all that they had been through there. 

"Smaller than I remember." Jace observed, they had entered into a courtyard riddled with pebbles and murmurs of their arrival. "Perhaps you have just grown bigger." Turning to Jace she smirked, but the small amount of joy seemed to falter when she caught onto Luke's uneasy stature. 

"What troubles you Lucerys?" Jace had left them to admire some old weapons he had spotted in the distance. Eleanor had took her younger brothers hands in her own, analysing his anxious features closely. "Everyone's staring at us." To confirm his words, the girl looked around the courtyard and confirmed that people were in fact staring intently at the siblings, whispering to their friends and husbands not so inconspicuously. "No one would question me being heir to Driftmark... if... if I looked more like Ser Laenor Velaryon than Ser Harwin Strong."

Her features softened, a sad smile appearing on her face. She looped her arm to intertwine with his own as they slowly made their way to Jacaerys once more. "It matters not what they think. They stare because they are in the presence of royalty - of the future King of Driftmark. Or perhaps they stare at your brother because he looks funny."