Kokichi and Kimiko

Outside, the ground was blanketed in soft, white, fluffy snow that glistened in the sunlight. Winter break had just begun, so the students had two weeks off from school. Two weeks off for most students was an awesome thing, but not so much for Himiko. Her sisters were visiting her during winter break, and although she was excited to see her sisters again, she wasn't so sure about the idea of them staying with her for two whole weeks at Casa V3. 

    "Shoot!" Tomiko, the middle Yumeno daughter, muttered under her breath as she was unpacking her suitcase in Himiko and Tenko's room.

   "Nyeh...what's wrong, Tomi?" Himiko asked. Tomiko sighed and stood up.

   "I think I forgot my...you-know-what's at home," she replied, twiddling her fingers. Himiko tilted her head in confusion. Tomiko sighed again, and leaned forward to whisper in her sister's ear.

   "Oh!" Himiko exclaimed. "Mmm...okay, we can go to the store real quick and get some more." She looked around for her youngest sister, Kimiko, but all that Himiko saw of her was her suitcase. "Did you see where Kimiko went?"

   "Knowing her, she's probably bothering your boyfriend," Tomiko replied with a slight shrug. 

   "Ugh...she'd better not be," Himiko muttered, marching out of the room, followed by Tomiko. They headed downstairs to the boys' hallway, where Himiko knocked on Kokichi and Gonta's door. Gonta answered it.

   "Oh! Hello, Himiko, and Himiko's sister!" he said. "Kokichi not here if you're looking for him."

   "Oh...well, do you know where he is, Gonta?" Himiko asked.

   "Hmm...last time Gonta check, he saw Kokichi in the living room," Gonta replied. Himiko thanked Gonta, and she and Tomiko made their way to the living room where they found Kimiko babbling away to Kokichi as he, and a few of the others, were watching TV.

   "I like your hair," Kimiko was saying as she played with a strand of Kokichi's hair. "Has it always been purple? I like it. It's really cool."

   "Haha, yup, it's always been purple," Kokichi replied, smiling at Kimiko. 

   "Kimiko!" Himiko said. "Leave him alone." Then, she looked at Kokichi. "Kokichi, can you come here, please?"

   "Okie-dokie!" Kokichi replied, and got up from the couch, following Himiko to the front door. Kimiko trailed after him like an eager puppy, much to Himiko's annoyance. "What's up, Monkey Buns?" Kokichi asked Himiko. Tomiko snorted at Himiko's nickname. 

   "Tomiko and I need to go to the store," Himiko explained. "Could you watch Kimiko while we're gone?"

   "Yup! No problemo!" Kokichi replied, putting his hands behind his head. Himiko sighed as she turned to Kimiko.

   "Kimi, Tomiko and I will be back soon, okay? Please, behave yourself."