25: Said Favorite

Start from the beginning

She stared wide-eyed at me. I smirked once I caught sight of Andrew. "You said twenty minutes!"

"No one was on the road." I crossed my arms across my chest. "Look at you, all grown up. Sneaking boys into the house." I looked to Andrew. I waved. "Do your parents know you're here?"

"No," he said slowly.

"You guys are so cute." They stood there awkwardly. I saw the hallway light turn on. "Just kiss her and leave already." They did as I said and Andrew was out of here before my mom could join us on the porch.

"Oh, it's just you," she said. "Who is that?"

"Carter," I answered. I turned back around. "I'll have Ellie drop me off tomorrow. Don't miss me too much."

"You are so full of yourself." Once I backed away from the car, he pulled out.

"What's the problem?" We were sitting in the kitchen. I was eating leftovers out of Tupperware while my mom looked at me skeptically.

"She thinks she's sick because she has, and I quote, 'Fluttery feelings in her stomach,'" Ellie explained. "Then she began freaking out because she thought she was turning into a teenager."

"You kids and July 4th. You don't do drugs and drink on Independence Day." She shook her head at me. "You're lucky your father isn't up."

"Mom, you're supposed to heal me of my sickness. I need some soup or something. They're at it again." I rubbed my stomach to alert my mom.

"You are ridiculous." She grabbed my hand. "Sweetheart, I think you are harboring feelings for someone special." I snatched my hand away from her and went back to eating. "Now if you can tell us what happened today, that would be amazing."

"A group of friends and I went to Venice-," Mom cut me off.

"What happened between you and this guy?" She asserted.

"What guy? There's no guy mom." I looked at her in confusion.

"Are you really that out of it?" She snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Stop that."

"Why are you here?" I feigned offense at my mom's question. "Do you need to get away from Carter so you can think straight? Did something happen where things between you two shifted? Are you or are you not experience butterfly flutters in your stomach?"

"I couldn't sleep." I simply answered.

"Why?" She persisted.

"Mom," I whined. She grew a smile on her face.

"My baby's falling in love!" She proclaimed to the ceiling.

"I don't love anyone. Let's start there. You're jumping to conclusions."

"And you're dwelling on this notion that to experience life to the fullest, you have to do it alone. Love is a part of growing. Dating is a part of growing. Friendships are a part of growing. You want to experience life to its fullest, don't ignore what your heart is telling you. Listen to it." She told me honestly.

"You are so annoying and sappy," I said with a small smile on my face. I laid my head on her shoulder. "I really love you."

"I love you too." She released me from her hold on me. "Now off to bed. You look like you need it." She turned around. "And you."

"Me?" Ellie pointed to herself.

Mom nodded. "You will tell me why Andrew was sneaking out of the house at four in the morning." Ellie's face turned red. "Goodnight children."