𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

The next day I left with Mido.

Because Shoto and Bakugo had after-school training for their late hero-licences or something like that- and I still hadn't been responsible enough to buy an umbrella yet- he offered to share his with me on our walk back to the dorms. Somehow I ended up on his shoulders, my arms hooked around his neck so we could both see my phone while he held the umbrella.

Somehow missing Todo, I pulled out my Airpods and let him pick the song as we waved to the two students that were out training in the rain, Bakugo- again- flipping us off. Todo just glanced at us.

"Oh, I got it!" Midoriya typed on my phone, the sounds coming through our ears as he pressed on something and then turned the screen off, handing the device back to me. I didn't check the song to see if I could recognize it, but once the intro started, I knew immediately.

"Ugh, Mido! I love this song- you're amazing." He blushed and smiled at me as I turned up the volume.

"Welcome to your life, there's no turning back. Even while you sleep, we will find you..."

Laughing together, we sang the chorus and danced stupidly in the rain, almost dropping the umbrella as we did so. When we finally made it to the dorms, we continued to giggle as we went inside and parted ways, waving to each other as we went. Mido went towards the elevator and I to the couch, where Yaoyorozu was perched, tying on her phone.

Seeing me, she instantly turned it off and turned towards me. I grinned and sat down, taking her hands in mine.

"Why are you so happy?" She smiled and I just grinned back, shrugging.

"I don't know. Everything is just so amazing right now. I'm becoming friends with people I didn't think I ever would and school is great. What else could I ask for?" We leaned forward in a hug and then she flounced off, claiming that she had some homework to finish.

I ended up sitting on the couch for a while, talking to Shoji and Kirishima as they made dinner, laughing loudly.

"Shut up! The last thing I wanna hear after training with this moron is more morons!" The door slammed open and suddenly Bakugo and Todoroki were walking inside the building, sweating and red-faced. Obviously training had been very taxing.

I waved at Todoroki, but he just kept walking, acting like he didn't see me. Kirishima and I shared a glance but I shrugged and stayed on my phone, starting a conversation with Iida, who'd come down to be early for dinner. I wasn't surprised.

When dinner was served, I ended up sitting by Momo, who conversed lightly, but overall was quiet, choosing to enjoy her dinner. When it was over, I was walking towards the elevator to my room to have an early night since there wasn't very much going on, and when I got on, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Todo was also entering.

Although I could feel that he was irritated, I didn't think it was towards me, so I eagerly greeted him, only to be treated with silence. I sent a side glance at him to see that he was looking forward, having ignored me completely. I turned to face him and when he still did nothing, I waved a hand in his face.

He disregarded it.

He even turned to face the other wall so he wouldn't see me.

I was hurt. What had I done? Just yesterday we were walking together, laughing in the rain. Today he was ignoring me? What had happened? You know what? I didn't wanna know. I hadn't done anything and if I did, he could talk to me about it instead of ignoring me like we were in seventh grade.

When my floor came up, I walked straight off of the elevator without saying a word. I could sense Todoroki's surprise as I did so, but I didn't stick around to hear what he had to suddenly say.

I didn't want to admit it, but it hurt. I'd had a crush on him for a while and for him to just dodge me like that after I'd done nothing hurt. And besides that was the fact that I thought we were becoming friends. I had really thought that there was progress between us. I guess I was wrong.

I ended up crying myself to sleep that night.

++++++++++

When I woke up the next morning, I knew it was going to be a bad day. My head was killing me, my eyes were swollen, I had dark bags, and my hair was tangled from an obviously bad night.

Great.

I stared at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. Okay, just because it had started off as a bad day didn't mean it was going to continue and end as one. It was going to be fine; all I had to do was be positive. It was going to be okay.

Okay.