You Are A Worthless Child | Manny - Oneshot

Genre — Songfic, angst.

Warning — Abuse, blood/gore, suicide, language.

Requested by — N/A.

[Bolded texts are parts of the song.]

————————————————————————————————————

3RD PERSON POV

It was another hard night for Manny. Roy, his father, was in one of his... less kindred moods.

"You're a useless, useless, useless child; the most useless child in the whole world!" Roy taunted Manny, spitting in his face as he cried.

"Oh, shut up!" Roy yelled at him. "Real men don't cry! Stop being such a baby and get to bed!" He kicked him aside and went to get a beer.

Manny fell to the floor, then dragged himself up. He was bleeding on his knee, and Roy had cut off his access to bandages. So, hurt and weakened, he dragged himself to his bedroom and sat down. 

He fell asleep, wishing this disgusting reality was all a nightmare.

-

"Studying, athletics, and speaking, he can't do any of it!" was Roy's way of telling others about his own son. He was talking to one of his teachers, Shrignold. 

"He's such a poor, dim-witted, grimy brat. His mouth couldn't even form his own name, but I like the sobs it made!" Both Shrignold and Roy laughed.

"Whenever I see him, he's always covered in drool, snot, dandruff, shit, and piss," Shrignold smirked.

"That tainted, crybaby coward... I don't mind, I don't mind." Shrignold glanced at the yellow boy. "Believe me."

-

In public, Roy was an entirely different person.

"Hrm, come here, let me protect you," he muttered to Manny, grabbing him. "together, together, stay together with me!" He smiled. Manny looked up at him in fear, smiling back in fear of getting a worse punishment at home if he didn't convince the public that Roy was the perfect father.

-

"La la, a lullaby, goodnight!" Larry the lamp smiled at him. Even as knowing Manny was terrified of the lamp.

"Let's sing a duet, a sleepy-sounding song—let's sing it, sing it together with me!" He narrowed his eyes at Manny as he shook his head. "Oh, lonely child, child..."

Manny tried to sing, to get the words of Roy out of his head as he cried.

You're a useless, useless, useless child! The most useless child in the entire world!

A voice echoed in his head, the voice of Roy. If it weren't for me, you would be a dead child.

Manny nodded, tears running down his face.

You're a useless, useless, useless child! A sad, sad, good-for-nothing.

Manny quietly told himself the words of Roy. "You're a useless, useless, useless child..."

He missed his friends and wished they had fulfilled their 'promise':

'I will be the one to help you.'

-

Manny sighed as he looked at all the other children getting along with their families.

La la la, you're a monster, ghost, invisible human.

Roy's voice continued to echo as he remembered why he had kicked Manny out for the day. "Pissed in my flower vase, skips school, mouth dry from whispering slander—now let's listen to that monotone scream!" was what he'd last heard from Roy before he took a blow to the mouth and dragged to Roy's bedroom.

Now he was out on the street, his body aching. Nevertheless, time goes on and on.

He looked at himself in a puddle. You don't have enough brains nor time, child; it's too late, you're mentally ill...

He remembered Roy smiling. "Oh sweet child, good child, you belong to me..." as Larry sang. "La la, a lullaby and goodnight! Sleepily, together with me—"

Roy interrupted. "Let's dance, dance, let's dance forever—"

"Oh, lonely child, child—"

Manny's thoughts were interrupted as he ran towards an oncoming blue and red car.

As Manny was hit, he saw his friends, Duck and Harry, running towards him and screaming.

"CHILD! CHILD!"

Manny twitched with what bones he had left, Roy's words echoing for what would be the last time in his head.

You're a useless, useless, useless child. The most useless child in the entire world!

You are a lonely, lonely, lonely child!

Harry stopped towards him, sobbing as he clutched his dying friend. 

"I will protect you forever..."

I should've protected you.

-

Later that day, Roy was looking for his son. He wanted him back, for it was time for school.

But I can't catch that child—

He growled under his breath. The child ran away from my side...

His eyes widened as he approached the scene.

Before I knew it, that child was covered in wounds.

The ambulance had arrived shortly after, taking Manny away. Even so, just like that, the child departed.

Roy screamed. "CHILD! CHILD! CHILD! CHILD! DON'T TAKE MY CHILD!"

He fell to his knees. 

I had caused this.

I'm a useless, useless, useless child.

I'm useless, that child is no longer here.

I'm a useless, useless, useless child—nobody can save me anymore.

-

Roy went home and sat down on his bed. The one he should not have taken his child to.

He felt so empty without his child. 

I'm a lonely, lonely, lonely child. I'm lonely, there is no child anymore.

He remembered everything he had done to that poor child.

If only I could turn back time...

He spent the rest of his days sad and alone.

————————————————————————————————————

Thank you for reading!