Adam - 1/26/2024

10:42 am

I don't know how it started or why. But it happened. I was at work just thinking about how I felt something bad was going to happen. We were all standing around the water cooler when word came over the news. 

"There has been a surge in hospitalizations since last night. People who have the infection are said to become increasingly aggressive. Run, find shelter, and call the police if you encounter anyone infected with this mysterious virus. Do not engage with them. Do not try to fight........"

My coworkers thought it was just a silly cold or flu going around until the news that people were attacking each other. My only thought was I needed to get back to my family, just outside the city. But the streets were flooded with chaos. 

6:15 pm

I finally made it back to the house. Sue and Ann were holed up in a closet in the basement, and I can't blame them. Our neighbor John was infected and tearing away at the back door when I got here. I had to shoot him.

I told the girls to grab some bags and food, nothing else. 

We had to drive past the hospital. That is where the evacuation route was. But those things started running out and attacking people in their cars. I threw the car in reverse and gunned it as hard as I could to get away. We got out of there just in time.

11:38 pm

We stayed on the back roads for a while. I was going to drive through the night, but we ran out of gas. Luckily there was an abandoned hotel. We broke into the lobby and grabbed a key to one of the rooms on the top floor.

The girls were crying. I couldn't blame them. It was terrifying.

I will get a better idea of the area in the morning. I don't want to run into one of those things at night, especially since I don't know the area that well.