With mischief on his mind, Shyam cleared his throat and put the chain over Payal's open palm. He raised the chain and started to move the chain, "Girl Payalji..." He repeated it, "Boy Payalji..." And he did it once again, "Another boy Payalji..." Trying to stifle his laugher when he saw Payal's shocked expression as she stole a glance at Akash, he threw his last one, "O teri another boy... wow Payalji, you're aiming for your own cricket team?"

Payal yelled out, "Noooo..." She looked at everyone's amused faces and Akash's shocked one, "Err I mean..." She slid back next to Akash and hid her face with her hands as everyone burst into laughter.

Arnav spoke up, "Khushi your turn..." He winked at her as she held out her palm in front of Shyam.

Shyam smiled as he raised the chain above Khushi's palm, "A little boy first for you." He did it again and it spun in circle this time, "And a sweet little girl..."

Arnav smiled brightly, the mere thought of having children with the love of his life, his Khushi, she would be the mother of his children, that made his heart swell with pride. As Khushi returned to her seat he wound his arms around her neck, snuggling her from behind.

The next morning, Arnav organized for the best bridal collections to be brought to the farmhouse for his bride to be, keeping in mind of her style, beautiful yet simple. After countless hours of trying on clothing and jewellery, Khushi finalized her outfits for each function and also chose Arnav's outfits for him upon his request. 'Choose something you love, I'm sure I'll love it as well.'

The mehendi ceremony took place that same evening, a small and simple event for the women of the families. Khushi's hands and feet were adorned with intricate mehendi designs with her Arnavji's name tucked somewhere in the midst of everything. After the ceremony she retreated to her room for some alone time.

Khushi sighed as she entered her room, she was exhausted, wedding preparations were tough, especially the tedious wait for the mehendi to be applied and then to dry.

She sat down on the bed, grateful for the cool air condition that helped calm her mind. The true realization that she only had two days left of being a Gupta flashed before her eyes. She gulped as tears sprung into her eyes, she would miss her family so much. After her parents passed, they were the ones who made her feel like she had someone in the world that she could call her own.

She heard a timid knock on the door, she wiped her tears away but before she could get up, she saw her babuji and amma enter the room. They sat on either sides of her on the bed.

Shashi caressed her head, "Chutki, you know ever since you were a little girl I've always dreamt of the moment where you'll grow up and I'll see you dressed as a bride. I still can't believe you've gotten so big."

Garima held Khushi's hand, "All those years ago, I promised your amma that I would always keep you happy and give you everything you needed. Now this too is fulfilled, I know Arnav bitwa will take very good care of you and keep you happy, over the past few months he has proven this over and over. Your amma babuji will be very happy with the life partner that you chose."

Khushi's lips quivered as she hugged her parents tightly, "Amma... Babuji, I couldn't have asked for better parents. My amma and babuji left me in good hands, I never felt like an orphan, you gave me a new life all those years ago...I love you so much."

Payal's voice interrupted the moment, "This is not fair..." She turned to Buaji who had entered the room along with her just seconds ago, "How come we're not in this family hug?"

Buaji nodded with a hurt expression washing over her face, "Yes Payaliya... Titliya doesn't consider us her family!"

Khushi looked at her Buaji and Jiji and then looked at her parents before bursting into laughter, "Jiji, Buaji... stop acting and come here..." She stood up and opened her arms for them.