Chapter 18

Harmony's POV:

After we had released Alon, I placed his arm around my shoulder so I could help him swim. Alon was not in good condition when we found him. 

 "Alon, what happened?" Aerwyna asked him. 

 He hesitated, but finally, he answered. "When I had gotten back from visiting Harmony, my parents and sister were waiting for me. They were angry. My dad grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me here...He was holding a whip. He chained me to the ship so I wouldn't escape and then made me tell him why I was with a mermaid. I don't know how he knew but he did. And he wasn't happy. My father is very unpleasant when angry. I was trying to stall for time, but he only whipped me." he panted a little. 

 "Alon, p-please, s-s-save your v-v-voice." I told him. 

 "You all need to know..." he answered, his voice hoarse. "I never did tell him. That's what he was doing back here when you arrived." 

 "That was your father?" mom asked, her eyes wide. He nodded. "Alon, I'm sorry you had to go through that. Quick, let's get out of here and we'll figure something out once we get to the surface." 

 We nodded and followed my mom. I had introduced him to my mom while we were undoing his chains. I suddenly felt weird. Like...someone was following us. 

 "M-mama, I think w-w-we're b-being followed. H-h-h-hurry!" My mom nodded and quickened her speed. Aerwyna and I did as well. I was being careful as I held Alon, so I was bringing up the rear.

Third Person POV:

As the merfolk left with Alon, one was arriving to question him. She stared at the group, her eyes flashing. She followed the group, close, but not too close. As they quickened their speed, she almost lost them. Sirens may be powerful creatures, but they don't have the speed merfolk have. She saw them go up to the surface and meet with a larger group on the beach. She looked at one of them, her eyes wide. "He's....kinda handsome..." she thought. "No! Stop it! You must go and report this to father." she shook her head and dove into the ocean.

 Jack's POV:

Aunt Marina, Aerwyna, and Harmony had finally gotten back from the sea with Harmony's siren mate. 

 "E-e-e-everyone, t-th-this is A-A-A-Alon." Harmony struggled. I was honestly kinda impressed with her right now. Usually, when she has trouble saying words, she stops talking. 

 "Nice to meet you. I guess you are Harmony's family?" the siren, Alon, I guess, asked in a hoarse voice. 

 As they spoke, I suddenly smelled something. It was definitely unusual. But, kinda sweet, I suppose. Like strawberries. But, almost as soon as it appeared, it left. I just shrugged it off and continued paying attention to the conversation. 

 "Well, basically. This is Uncle Derrick and Aunt Louise. Uncle Derrick is the Beta. They aren't our real aunt and uncle, but we see them as such. That's Uncle Ambrose and Aunt Leah. Same with them. Uncle Ambrose is the Gamma." Aerwyna explained. 

 "Hi, Alon. Nice to finally meet you. Can't say I have heard a lot about you, but I understand why." Earwyn said with a laugh. 

 "No problem." Alon gave a small smile. 

 "I'm Earwyn, Harmony's older brother. This is our dad. He's the Alpha of our pack." 

 Alon reached up to shake hands with Uncle Michael. "It's nice to meet you, sir." he told him. 

 Uncle Michael nodded. "You as well, Alon." he replied. 

 I walked up to him with a smile and sat down next to him on the beach. "I'm Jack, Gamma Ambrose's son. That's my sister, Delia." Alon nodded and smiled, but didn't answer. It could be a mix of his voice and him being a little overwhelmed and shy. 

 "I'm Kamilia. Beta Derrick's daughter." Kamilia spoke up. 

 Dawn and Darnell stood at the back of the group. I wouldn't blame them for being a little nervous. 

 "Dawn, come here!" Earwyn smiled and took her hand. "This is my mate, Dawn. And that, is Aerwyna's mate, Darnell." Aerwyna went over to stand by Darnell. Alon tried to speak, but no sound came out. 

 "A-Alon?!" Harmony exclaimed in worry. 

 "We need to get him examined by a doctor." Uncle Michael declared. 

 "Bro, he's a siren. We have a wolf doctor. I don't think our pack doctor is going to be able to do anything for him." my dad stated. 

 "He has a point, Michael. Marina, what about a merfolk doctor? Could they do anything for him?" Uncle Derrick asked. 

 "Maybe. But even if they can, it's very unlikely they would even try. Sirens and Merfolk are enemies." 

 "P-p-p-please, m-mama?? W-w-we h-have to t-t-try!" Harmony pleaded. 

 Aunt Marina smiled at her daughter. "We will. But I don't think it's wise right now to bring him into Aquatica. For one thing my cousin would probably pass out in fear. For another thing, it might cause an uproar and he'd be captured." 

 "Why would Dylan pass out?" Uncle Michael asked. 

 "He's always been really afraid of sirens. Once he thought he saw one and passed out. Though it was only his shadow. And he was eight years old."

 "Oh." 

 "Mom, if we can't bring him to Aquatica how are we gonna help him? Uncle Derrick is right. Our pack doctor can't do anything." Earwyn pointed out. 

 "Yes, son, I know. But, Remember Aunt Athena's husband is a doctor and she is his nurse. Though Pacific may be very hesitant at first, he's always been fond of you all. I'm sure he'll help." 

 "Well, alright. How are you gonna get in touch with him?" 

 "I have an idea, but I'm gonna need Aerwyna's help." Aunt Marina responded with a smile. 

 "What do you need mom? You know I'll back you up." Aerwyna replied with a determined look on her face. 

 "What we're going to do, is dive into the ocean and call out." 

 "We're using the call of the merfolk? Mom, you know how unpredictable that is." 

 "Marina, she's right. We can use the letter in the bottle method we used all those years ago when I wanted to apologize." Uncle Michael told her. 

 She shook her head. "That may work, Michael, but it would take too long. The call of the merfolk of the only way. Trust me." 

 "I trust you, water lily...I just don't want you or Aerwyna to get hurt..." 

 "Oh, geode, don't worry. We'll be fine. I love you, my geode." Aunt Marina kissed Uncle Michael and turned to Aerwyna. "Are you with me, sea star?" 

 Aerwyna nodded. "Yes, mom. I'm with you." 

 "Wait! Why can't Harmony go or something??" Darnell exclaimed, taking Aerwyna's hand. 

 "Because her mate needs her right now. Look, Darnell, I know what I'm doing. And Aerwyna does too. We know it's unpredictable and anything can happen, but it needs to be done." 

 "Let me go, please? If I'm gonna lose you, Dew drop, I want us to go together." 

 "No, Darnell. I need you here. Help my family take care of Alon. And help and support Harmony face her destiny. Her time is coming fast." 

 Darnell sighed. "Alright...Just be careful, dew drop..." 

 "I will. I love you." 

 "And I you.." the two held each other close and kissed. 

 "Seriously?! She's only 16! Somebody do something!" Uncle Michael exclaimed. 

 "D-dad, g-g-give her a b-b-b-break. S-something could g-g-g-go wr-w-wrong." Harmony looked up at him. 

 He sighed. "Fine." 

 Harmony turned to her mom and sister. "I l-l-love you...T-t-th-thank y-you s-s-so m-much...P-p-please b-be c-c-careful." 

 "I love you too, sis." Aerwyna hugged her. 

 Aunt Marina hugged her daughter and kissed her temple. "I love you too, my sea star. And I am very proud of you." Harmony smiled. With that, Aunt Marina and Aerwyna dove into the ocean.