Chapter 7- Chrissy Wake up

Trigger warning: drugs, suicide
Eddie POV

After Chrissy I leave the classroom. I ditch all my other classes, I've already passed them and I'm fucking graduating. I run out to my car and drive to Family Video.

I want to see Steve, I want to talk to him maybe we can sort things out and possibly be together, I know we haven't spoken since he fought on Monday but we were both kinda pissed, I at least want to be friends with him.

I walk into the video store and see Robin at the counter but I don't see Steve so I walk over to Robin "hey, is Steve working today?"

"Yeah but he's in the back making out with some random girl" she replies

"Oh.. ok, never mind then, I'll see to later" I go to leave

"Hey Eddie? You know we're hiring if you worked here you could get to know Steve move.. and with you here he might stop flirting with the customers"

"I'll think about it.." I smile slightly and walk out of the store as I'm walking out I heard my name being called

"Eddie wait!" I turn around to see Steve running over "what're you doing here?"

"Um nothing really I just wanted to rent a video".

"You're not holding a video" he points out, looking at my empty hands

"Uh.. I didn't find anything I like.." i reply

"Come one Munson why are you really here?"

I sigh "I just wanted to come apologise for the other day and tell you I passed my exam.."

"You did? That's awesome!" He smiles "and I'm really sorry as well, I still wanna hang out with you a bunch"

"Ok there was another thing.. uh I was wondering if you wanted to.. maybe go see a movie together tomorrow?"

He looks away and runs his hand through hair "I would love to but I have a date tomorrow..

What the fuck, two days ago he was saying how much he wanted to be with me now he's off fucking some random girl he probably met while on shift. But instead of saying that and getting mad I decide to just accept it and I'll get drunk later "oh okay.. well I hope you enjoy it"

I walk away and get into my car. Steve watches me for a minute then goes back inside. I sigh and lean back against my seat

Steve POV

I walk back inside the store and look at Robin "stuck out again dingus?" She says getting out the whiteboard she still keeps even though I've told her countless times to throw it out it

"No I turned him down, I have a date with the girl from earlier" i reply, walking back behind the counter

"'The girl from earlier' really you don't even remember her name? That's a new low for you" Robin replies, leaning against the counter top

"She didn't tell me her name that's not my fault, and besides im probably not gonna see her after tomorrow, she didn't seem that enthusiastic about it"

"Then ditch her and go out with Eddie" she shrugs

"I don't know, like I liked Eddie a few days ago but I don't know anymore, I don't think we'd get along" i sigh and fold my arms on the counter.

Robin sighs and sits on the counter top "alight dingus tell me why you're over reacting so I can tell you the obvious solution"

I roll my eyes "well I stayed at his play on Friday night and on Saturday we had a really nice time hanging out but then I said we should kiss if I rolled a 20 and he got upset and told me to leave, then on Monday I was fixing his car for him he told me I was an asshole then kissed me and said he didn't need me in his life which is just so fucking confusing, and then when I went to find him again he was pissed about failing a test and went home so dustin told told me to check on him so I did but he was drunk out of his mind and said he didn't wanan a date me cuz of his mindset so then we took the kids somewhere and I told him not to smoke in my car and he got upset then I said he was pushing people that wanted to help away and it pissed him off and then we didn't talk until just then" I explain "so it just seems like we keep fighting, I hate that he uses drugs so much, we both get mad so easily I don't think we would work"

"And that all happened in less then a week?" Look man if you like him I think it's worth giving it a shot, you said he failed a test? Did you think about the fact that he's under a crazy amount of stress with trying to graduate, which would be why he wants to talk now that he's just passed he test?"

"No.. but you're right, so you think I should cancel with the girl tonight and ask out Eddie?"

"Yes dingus! I swear you would be completely helpless without me" she says, shaking her head then getting off the counter to serve some costumers.

Eddie POV

I go home for a few hours until school has technically finished then I go to the woods near the school to meet Chrissy.

When I get there I see her waiting at the table "hey" I walk over to the table and sit down, she looks at me "you ok?"

"Yeah.. yeah Um how much will this cost?" She asks, looking pretty nervous

"Well that depends on how much you want, a bag? Probably about $20" i reply, opening the box I keep my stuff in

"Do you have anything stronger then just weed?" She looks at me

"Uh.. I do at my trailer but It might not be the best idea if his is your first time trying this" i don't usually car about selling stronger drugs to people at the school but Chrissy seems nice and I don't want her to miss use it. But if she wants it who am I to stop her I guess

"I don't care, please can we go to your trailer?" She begs. I give him and walk to my car with her then drive to the trailer. I walk inside and look threw a few draws before finding what I need and giving it to her

"Usually this is more expensive but you can have it for $20 if you promise to use it carefully yeah?"

She nods "thank you.." she gives me some money and walks out.

The next day when I turn on the tv there's a news report about someone dying from Hawkins. I turn it up a bit and watch
"Hawkins high student Chrissy Cunningham found dead in her house this morning, autopsy results indicate she overdosed of some kind of illegal drug, her mother found her-" I stop listening to the rest.

Did I kill her? Holy shit i killed her. Im so stupid I could have stopped this, I could have helped her, or gotten her help, I could have told someone or not given her the drugs.