Snow Sugar looked around in their surroundings, then pointed to a cabinet in the kitchen.

"Maybe in one of those? Herb usually says that candles are too dangerous to put near the fireplace."

"Alright, thank you."

Werewolf rushed over to the kitchen and began opening all the cabinets. Once he got further down the line, one was filled with scented candles and other burnable objects. The most surprising object in there was a bundle of burnt flowers. Werewolf paused as he scanned through the selection of candles, both large and small, wide and skinny.

Some were labelled generic names like "lilac" and "vanilla." Others, on the other hand, were completely absurd names, some of them even containing unknown letter characters. Werewolf couldn't make a decision, so he turned himself to Snow Sugar. 

"Hey, uh, Snow Sugar? Can you come here for a second; I'm picking out a candle for Herb."

Snow Sugar looked over at the cabinet Werewolf was standing by and came running over to the kitchen.

"Can I smell them? I'm a good smeller."

Werewolf laughed, "so am I."

Collectively, Werewolf and Snow Sugar began sniffing through the candles and began eliminating all of the worst candidates.

"Nope, too strong," Snow Sugar handed a candle to Werewolf.

Again and again, each candle was thoroughly judged by the two cookies. When smelling one candle, a sneeze began to form in Werewolf.

"Okay, maybe I should stop inhaling them so much," Werewolf squeaked out before sneezing to the side.

After the fairly quick process, they came down to two candles: one of them being Snow Sugar's choice and the other being Werewolf's choice. They couldn't come to an agreement on which one was better, so they let Herb be the deciding factor.

"Why would Herb get these many candles?" Werewolf questioned. 

Snow Sugar shrugged, "maybe he's just smelly."

"Do you actually think that?"

"Why else does Herb have so many candles?"

After finally placing and closing everything to their original position, Werewolf and Snow Sugar climbed their way up the stairs to Herb's room. 

The silence radiating from the door was unnerving, but the silence was broken by Werewolf's knocks.

"Herb? Are you awake in there?" Werewolf said to the door.

Shuffling was heard within the room.

"Oh, yes I am! The door is unlocked by the way."

Werewolf lowered his hand to twist the knob and pushed forward into the room.

There laid a bump in the blankets of Herb's bed, softly breathing as he faced the two cookies looking at him towards the entrance of his room. Herb weakly smiled in his cold state, raising his hand out to them.

"Oh good, you brought some extra candles. I'll light them for you."

Herb waited for one of them to approach, but none of them did. They sat there, staring at Herb.

"Uhm, guys? I have the matches; you can bring the candles over-"

Herb was interrupted by the sudden rush of Werewolf, dropping the candle that he held in his hand. Werewolf kneeled down beside the bed with Herb, placing his hand on Herb's face with a panicked look.

"What happened to you!?"

Herb raised a brow, "what? What do you mean? Nothing's happened to me silly."