f o u r

The next time Seokjin visits Yoongi just like what he promised, Jungkook is even clingier than usual that it's getting really suspicious at this point. The hybrid is practically on top of Yoongi who's lying down on the couch, pressing small kisses on Yoongi's neck. Now, the clinginess from before could be excused because being a little affectionate is normal, but kissing Yoongi's neck and lying on top of him? Not very platonic no matter which angle you look at.

"Am I disturbing something?" he asks, a smirk finding its way on his lips, sounding almost mockingly and amused. "Maybe I should've knocked."

Yoongi's face heats up almost immediately, eyes widening as he pushes Jungkook against the chest in an attempt to push him off of him. But it was no use. Jungkook is still stronger than Yoongi, and his pushes just motivated Jungkook to hug him tighter and bury his face even deeper on the crook of Yoongi's neck.

"Hyung, I swear it's not what it looks like-"

"It's exactly what it looks like," Jungkook cuts him off with a giggle, making Yoongi groan in embarrassment.

When they're all settled down and Yoongi finally manages to pry Jungkook off of him and told him to prepare some drinks for the three of them, Seokjin can finally talk to Yoongi properly without Jungkook whining about Yoongi not paying enough attention to him and how bad of a boyfriend he is for neglecting Jungkook.

("It's okay, Jungkook-ah, I won't take your mate away from you," Seokjin says with a chuckle, trying to reassure the hybrid so he would stop suffocating Yoongi on the couch while trying to rub his scent on the oblivious human, and Jungkook's ears immediately perk up, bunny tail twitching as he lifts his head up to face Seokjin.

"You won't?" he asks.

"I won't. I promise," Seokjin replies, to which Yoongi just answered with a confused noise, and Jungkook just scrunches his nose before finally letting Yoongi out of his arms.)

"So... something happened?" Seokjin asks, genuinely interested with what could've possibly happened to the two after all those time he was gone.

"You can say that," Yoongi replies, trying to look as indifferent as possible but Seokjin could see the smile forcing its way on his face. "He's become even clingier lately. I thought he would feel calmer now that he knows how I feel about him too, but he got worse." It's followed by a chuckle and a fond smile, and Seokjin feels his heart flutter at the thought of Yoongi finally giving himself the chance to love and be loved. Yoongi deserves it.

"That's adorable, Yoongi. He's just new to this so he's kind of anxious with you being his mate and all."

"What even is that? Mate? Bunny hybrids mate for life?" Yoongi asks. Ah, this must be the cause of the confused noise he lets out earlier.

It's amusing how Yoongi doesn't even know how important he is to Jungkook. "Yes, all hybrids mate for life so if he forms a bond with you after you reciprocate his feelings, he wouldn't want anyone else in his whole life. He'd be loyal to you and you only."

Yoongi's eyes widen at the realization, gaze softening. They almost look... sad.

"Isn't that cruel for other hybrids who are only treated like pets by the people who buy them?" he asks, voice low.

"It is," Seokjin answers, pity shown in his eyes. "But you love Jungkook just as much as he loves you so you have nothing to worry about. He's not doing this because he has to. He's with you because he wants to be with you."

Somehow, that makes Yoongi's chest feel a lot lighter.

Jungkook comes back later with tea for the three of them, and he sits closely next to Yoongi again. But this time, Yoongi just allows Jungkook to cling onto him. He doesn't even complain when Jungkook keeps on nuzzling his nose of his neck, or when he lies down on Yoongi's lap like the spoiled brat that he is and asks Yoongi to play with his ears. Yoongi doesn't have the heart to deny Jungkook anything. If he could, he would gather all of the stars in the universe and present them to Jungkook just so he could see that beautiful smile form on his face, but since it's not possible, Yoongi would just have to settle with reminding Jungkook that he loves him too in many different ways, because well, the sparkle on Jungkook's eyes whenever he says those words is enough to last him a lifetime of happiness.