o n e

Yoongi first met Jungkook on his eighteenth birthday.

Coincidentally, it was also the time for Yoongi to go to college, and well, he never did like being alone. He has been surrounded by his family and friends all of his life, so going to college all alone, inside that big scary apartment, is something that he had always feared. Namjoon and Hoseok are lucky for being at the same age – same goes with Jimin and Taehyung. They wouldn't have to face this scary milestone all alone because they have each other. Seokjin has always been independent too, so he didn't have to be this dramatic over moving out for college.

But Yoongi is different.

Yoongi hates being alone.

And he couldn't just tell his parents to accompany him. He's a grown man, for god's sake.

So on his eighteenth birthday celebration, exactly as he moves into the big and scary apartment near the campus, Seokjin visited him with a gift.

"You got me a what?" Yoongi asks incredulously, small eyes widening at an almost impossible extent. Seokjin just smirks while sending him a wink, arm draping around the boy next to him. Yoongi's eyes drift towards the stranger, examining the ridiculously soft ears poking out of his hair, and the obvious bunny teeth peeking from between his lips. A small part of him wonders if the man has a bunny tail as well, but he shakes it off because it really isn't the time to wonder about stuff like that.

"How old is he?" he asks, feeling a little awkward because if this hybrid is a minor, then he would feel like a kid for needing someone like this to accompany him just because he's a scaredy-cat.

"He's eighteen. Stop worrying. And didn't you say that you just wanted someone who will stay with you? It'll be fine." Seokjin sounds so reassuring that Yoongi finds himself giving in.

Of course, having a friend as rich as Seokjin, Yoongi really wouldn't expect any less of a gift.

Hybrids are prized creatures in the world. They're very expensive and only a selected amount of people are allowed to take care of them. Most of the hybrids are kept in shelters to be groomed and made pretty (just exactly how this bunny hybrid is looking right now), so they can be sold at a high price when they're finally of age. There are also proper laws passed for their protection, so any form of abuse wouldn't be tolerated. Hybrids are very special (that's why they're very expensive as well).

Yoongi adjusted quite well with Jungkook around. Jungkook is very clingy and energetic, jumping around the place and always clinging onto Yoongi as much as he can. Yoongi feeds Jungkook very expensive food, gives him baths, buys him pretty and soft clothes to not irritate his skin, and basically just pamper and spoil him as much as he possibly can. Jungkook's huge smile is enough of a payment for him after.

"Yoongi! You're back!" Jungkook would exclaim as Yoongi enters the apartment after a tiring day at the university, immediately regaining all of his energy back when Jungkook starts to run towards him and pull him into a considerably tight hug. Jungkook is really big for a hybrid (or maybe Yoongi is just small), so Yoongi feels so much comfort when he's inside Jungkook's arms, burying his face on the hybrid's neck just to breathe in and relax.

"Yeah, I'm back," Yoongi would tiredly say, dropping his bag on the floor and returning the hug, swaying gently from side to side because Jungkook loves dancing and this is the only dance Yoongi can do right now.

"You're tired, aren't you?" Jungkook asks, worry clear on his voice. "Come on, let's go to bed and change your clothes." At times like this, it would be Jungkook who's taking care of Yoongi instead. Yoongi smiles as he nods, not letting go of Jungkook as they walk towards the bedroom to rest.