f i v e

Taehyung thought that it would be the end of his meeting with Yoongi. It was a coincidence that will never repeat again in the future. He went back to his usual routine, buries himself with all of those stressful workload and tries to forget about what happened that night.

Yoongi must be feeling better now. That must be a one-time thing, right? Sungho was just mad, and if Yoongi forgave him, then that means they're okay now.

Except that they aren't.

Because exactly a week later, Taehyung wakes up once again with the sound of yells from the other apartment, followed by more thumps and shattered glasses. But this time, Jimin is already there, sitting next to Taehyung with worried eyes.

When they went out after the fight is over, they saw Yoongi trying to walk away from the apartment with blood dripping from a wound on his cheek.

Yoongi willingly comes when Taehyung calls for him this time.

It's the same process as before, but this time, Taehyung did everything on his own, even the bandaging. He learned a lot from Jimin, and in a sickening way, he's getting better at it because of practicing a lot on Yoongi (and he shouldn't have to – Yoongi shouldn't be having all of these wounds and Taehyung shouldn't be getting better at treating it).

"Why did you fight?" Taehyung asks as Yoongi lies awake on the bed, dressed with Taehyung's clothes once again.

"I made him mad," Yoongi replies, voice void of any emotion. "I'm sorry for bothering you and your friend."

Taehyung realizes that Yoongi has lost all of the anger he was filled with a year ago. Taehyung doesn't think that this is better at all. Yoongi just looks so... sad and resigned. Like he doesn't give a fuck about what's happening to him anymore.

"Just leave him, hyung," Taehyung speaks up once again after a few moments of silence.

But Yoongi just shakes his head at the suggestion. "I can't, Taehyung."

Taehyung doesn't know what to say after that.

And it continues. They would wake up every single week to the loud noises from the other apartment, only to walk out after the noise dies down and see Yoongi trying to walk away with new wounds and bruises every single time.

And every single time, Taehyung would clean him up and lend him his bed.

And every single time, Yoongi would look emptier and emptier.

Once a week turns into twice, and then into random moments at a week.

"Why are you still staying with him when all he does is hurt you?" Taehyung asks as he bandages Yoongi's wounds again for the third time that week.

Yoongi just scoffs. "Who else would want me?"

And Taehyung hurts.

Taehyung hurts for Yoongi.

When exactly did he start having those thoughts? When did he start looking like he just wants to give up on everything?

Taehyung clears his throat, blinking multiple times as he feels his eyes tear up at those few words from Yoongi. "You could- there are better people out there, hyung."

Yoongi shakes his head, eyes emptily staring at his own wounds. "Do you know how hard it is for people like us to find each other?" No, Taehyung doesn't know. "We- we're not normal. I found Sungho and- and I don't have anyone else, okay? He gets mad and frustrated and if I can be of any help to him, then I will."