°𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘐𝘯 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘶𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘪𝘵𝘺°

~~~~~~~~~~

Much to Clemont's dislike, me, Ash and Bonnie all excitedly ran the rest of the path into the city; excitement practically bursting out of us. We definitely have reason to, too. Santalune City's beauty became apparent the second we stepped foot on it's modern tiled pathment, a water feature standing humble yet gracefully as a centrepiece for the town square. Much like Lumiose City's streets lining the connecting outside branches to the grand Prism Tower, Santalune City is decorated with lines of groomed plants and trees in straight lines along the walkways. The town feels so alive, bustling with people in the centre, where markets are positioned in the various sections. The black streetlights provide a complementary contrast to the pale and natural coloured decor of the rest of the city. "Yeah-heh! Santalune City gym, you better watch out! I'm gonna get my first badge to compete in the Kalos League from you!" Ash announces, running like there's no tomorrow.
"C-Come on guys-! Can't you slow down a little-?!" Clemont calls before tripping on air, landing face first on the ground and just accepting his fate.
"Hey, Clemont, hurry up!" Ash yells with a friendly grin.
I also halt, making my way back to Clemont and offering him my hand, which he gladly takes to help him up.
"Thank you," He awkwardly chuckles to me, "There's this thing and it's kind of important. Do you have any idea where the Santalune Gym might be located-?"
"No clue!" Ash, somehow proudly, hops up onto the water fountain's ledge, pointing at the sky to his right with Pikachu matching his energy.
"I figure stuff out when I run! Keep on going and you can't go wrong, that's the way we roll!"
Thankfully, Ash's obnoxiousness leads a beautiful blond woman in our direction, who gives us information on where to find the gym after taking a photograph of Ash on the fountain. For some reason, we all decide not to question her taking the picture of him without his consent and proceed to book-it to the gym. Not before me and Clemomt awkwardly thank the kind woman.

...

After unfortunately losing the battle to Viola, the photographer from earlier and gym leader of this city's gym, ash cradles his robin Pokémon in his arms and promises to return for a rematch. Clemont states that we should all go to the Pokémon Centre, due to the condition of Ash's two companions, earning a nod from all three of us. Swiftly exiting the gym, the four of us completely let the fact that we left someone behind slip from our minds. The girl that had come to watch Ash's gym battle.
Thankfully, we manage to get Pikachu and Fletchling to Nurse Joy in no time, meaning they weren't uncomfortable for long. So in the meantime, me, Clemont and Bonnie sat under the shade around a silver table, as Bonnie fed her Dedenne.
"So, how are you feeling about your gym battle tomorrow, [Y/n]?" Clemont asks, "Do you think you'll be okay with only [P/p] against Viola?"
"I guess there's only one way to find out. Viola's no fluke, she strategises in ways that may sound simple in hindsight, but make a huge splash on the battlefield. The difference between win and loss." I state, clutching my Pokéball in my hands, "I can't say I'm not excited to face off against her first-hand."

Our conversation is interrupted when Bonnie points out a figure approaching Ash, surprising us all as we notice it to be the girl from before. Immediately, her long honey coloured hair and pink hat stood out to me from a distance. Clutching onto Ash's bag in her arms, she sends a soft smile at him and hands him the rucksack, explaining that he had left it at the gym; before noticing the three of us also approaching.

"Look, it's the girl from before!" Bonnie states matter-of-factly.
"She was standing with us during your gym battle." Clemont explains to Ash, noticing his confusion.
"My name's Bonnie and this is my big brother. And say 'hi' to Dedenne!"
"I'm Clemont."
"I'm [Y/n], it's nice to meet you."
The girl chuckles, stating that it's nice to meet us.
"Wow, i'm sorry! I was so busy battling I didn't see you there." Ash apologises, causing the girl to frantically dismiss his previous actions.
"My name is Ash."
"Yeah-! Serena's my name, do you re-" Serena is cut off by the sound of the Pokémon Centre's jingle, stating that your Pokémon are healed.