A/n to get started! (necessary)

Hi guys, my name is Kiki and I am the writer of this Clemont x Reader story! Before you begin reading, I need to explain how your Pokemon team will work.

Depending on your preference, your partner will be any Pokemon you want (but not a legendary/mythical because I cant write specific reactions every time). I would recommend a starter from your chosen starting region if you're unsure but it will not be evolving because some people will choose fully evolved Pokémon/ Pokémon with no evolution.

As for the rest of your team, I hope you understand that it's incredibly difficult to write vaguely in the settings of Pokémon battles and even day to day appearances, so I will be selecting those pretty much based on what'
inhabits Kalos and what is popular enough for people to still enjoy even if it isn't necessarily what they'd choose. I'm sorry it's not very x Reader-y in that sense but i hope you'll stick with me, regardless. If you dont mind the flow being disrupted as you read, you're welcome to change the Pokémon's name and moves in your head as you read.

Other than that, the lore to your previous adventures will be discovered with time so keep reading to find out!