°𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘋𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘦°

~~~~~~~~~~

After registering our Pokédexes for the Pokémon league and receiving our badge cases from the southernmost Pokémon Centre in Lumiose City, me, Clemont and Bonnie wait outside for Ash to finish his phone call with the Kanto region's professor. "So, [Y/n], is this your first Pokémon journey?" Clemont queries, pushing his glasses slightly further up his nose.
I smile lightly, shaking my head. "I've been a Pokémon trainer for a little over a year now, I journeyed my home region when I turned 15 alongside [Partner Pokémon] and my other Pokémon."
"Other Pokémon?! I wanna see, I wanna see!" Bonnie exclaims, ecstatically.
"Oh I'm sorry, Bonnie, all of my other Pokèmon are at my home. I'll be certain to introduce you, though!" I frown, not wanting to disappoint the young girl.
"Aww, that's okay, I'll just have to meet them some other time. [Partner Pokémon] is great anyway!" She states, grinning up at the Pokémon in my arms.
"Guys! Thanks for waiting!" Ash calls, running out of the Pokémon Centre with his Pikachu and the frog Pokémon from yesterday.
"Hi Ash," Clemont responds, "did you tell us you were going to challenge the Santalune Gym first?"
"Yeah, If [Y/n] is okay with it, I'm pretty sure the gym leader should be back by now."
"Sounds great." I agree with a nod.
"The best way to get the Santalune City is by travelling through Route 4 all the way there." Clemont explains, analysing a digital map.
"Then route four it is!" Ash confirms with enthusiasm practically emanating from his body.
"So why don't we hit the road?" Clemont asks rhetorically, before beginning to walk with Bonnie.

...

A rustling in the trees followed by a berry nearly concussing me stops us all dead in our tacks, as we lift our heads to see what caused the disturbance. Furthermore, as if me getting pelted with a berry wasn't bad enough, whatever caused it seemed to use an electric move on the berry, causing it to fling at Bonnie's forehead.
"Bonnie, are you okay?!" Clemont asks, kneeling down to ensure she wasn't injured.
"Yeah, that just gave me a shock."
"I think I found the culprit, guys." I state, pointing up at a mouse-like creature in the trees.
"Where-?" Ash asks, squinting his eyes in an attempt to see better.
"It was just there, I'm sure of it-!"
I'm proved right when the little Pokémon, and I mean tiny, emerges from the bushes beside the tree trunk.
"Never seen that Pokémon." Ash exclaims, as I nod.
Bonnie squeals in wonder as her cerulean eyes meet the Pokémon's, "It's so cute! It sure doesn't look like it's afraid of us!"

"Dedenne, the antenna Pokémon. It can communicate with other Dedenne's from long distance through it's antenna-like whiskers." My Pokédex sounds.

"I want it so bad! Hey, you'll keep it for me until I'm old enough to become a trainer, won't you?! Pretty please, I promise I'll take care of it!" Bonnie pleads, holding her brother's sleeve in desperation.
"Hm..." Clemont scratches his face with his free hand, debating what to do.
"You should do it!" I encourage, "I'm sure Bonnie will take care of it, she takes care of my [Partner Pokémon] so well, after all."
"Yeah and I'll help you catch it!" Ash offers, causing Bonnie and Clemont to exchange a glance.
"All right then, lets catch Dedenne." Clemont smiles.
After an adorable little celebration, Bonnie crouches in front of the orange mouse and offers it the berry. That is, until an almost equally small bird comes and nips it straight out of Bonnie's hand.
"Hey-!"
"It's a Fletchling." Clemont states, eyebrows furrowed as he looks up at the bird on a tree.
Admittedly, the bird is adorable. Yet also sociopathic, as it pops the berry in it's mouth teasingly and swallows it whole.
"Aren't birds supposed to eat worms?" I ponder, "Why's this one so insistent on eating berries?"
"No idea." Ash entertains my thought process, before equipping his Dex.

"Fletchling, the tiny robin Pokémon. Fletchling's chirp is quite beautiful to hear but it's relentlessly tough to those who enter its territory."