xxiii.

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𝗄𝖾𝗍𝗌𝗎 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝗌©
𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦

𖦹 ๑━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━๑ 𖦹

YOU STARED AT BAKUGO, open-mouthed and short-circuiting, as you desperately tried to process and comprehend what he just said. did you hear that correctly? or maybe you're going insane?

you replayed the words in your head, tilting your head as if you could turn the words around in your brain and create a whole new meaning. but no matter how you looked at it, nothing else made sense.

"what if we... dated or something?"

you blinked rapidly as you replayed the words again, opening and closing your mouth like a fish out of water because you were simply at a loss for words. did katsuki bakugo just ask you out?

frowing, you looked back up at him, "i'm sorry... what??"

"not for real!" he rushed to say, sounding disgusted by the mere thought of dating you in a genuine way.

"what do you mean 'not for real,' how else do we date if it's not for real—" you paused mid-sentence, finally getting it. "ohhh."

bakugo rolled his eyes as he watched you put it together, face palming and calling you an 'idiot' under his breath. "if we pretend like we're dating and it's convincing enough, then shittyzawa will have no reason to keep us in these chains, right?" he explained. "if anything, he probably wouldn't even want us alone in the same room."

"why wouldn't he—" you stopped yourself, once again understanding his words mid-sentence. "okay, ew," you said in a disgusted tone. "anyway, i see where you're going with this, but how can we possibly make our classmates believe we're dating after you literally tried to kill me last night?" you asked.

the blonde shrugged, "i dunno, we can tell them we made up or something."

"ooh, sure. because nothing says 'let's be friends' like attempted murder," you retorted, sarcasm dripping from your lips.

he shot you a scathing glare. "well, it's not like I'm thrilled about this either, but it's our best shot at getting out of these handcuffs in the next five years."

a moment of silence passed between you two where you both simultaneously realized that you'd have to actually pretend to like each other. you made eye contact and shot each other looks of pure revulsion at the realization.

"fuck no," you said in synchrony, shaking your head.

then you stopped and glared at each other, both annoyed that the other kept saying the same things as them. "i don't see this plan working in any universe, but maybe we should at least... try?" you gave in.