I smirk at Eddie before letting the die go from my hand, as if it is in slow motion as it rolls across the table. Everyone is holding their breath as we watch it roll, my eyes widen when it stops, “Natural twenty!”, I yell out excitedly. Eddie is taken aback by this, “What?! What?!”, he moves his hands and arms about in an animated way as everyone cheers around me. I laugh out in relief, “That is why we play.”, Eddie states, he bows and throws his arms out in front of himself, a big grin plastered across his face. Eddie gives me a small smile across the table as everyone cheers amongst themselves, I return it back with a nod.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You were a badass.”, Dustin states excitedly, he is the last to leave after we have cleaned up, “Thanks, I felt I was a bit rusty.”, I tell him truthfully. I hear a chuckle come up from behind me, “Not at all, you sure impressed me.”, Eddie stops once he is beside me outside on the front porch. “You should play with us in the next campaign, also I’m needing a new person to bounce campaign ideas off of if you’re game.”, he adds, Dustin nods in agreement. Soon Eddie and I are the only two left on the front porch, despite the warnings Hopper gave me about this young man, I can’t help but feel drawn to him, he doesn’t seem as bad as what I have heard.

“You’re new to Hawkins aren’t you?”, Eddie asks, I turn to look at him, I am awestruck by the way he looks in the soft moonlight. His long hair is down tonight, framing his face and falling over his shoulders, his pale skin seems to glow, giving him an ethereal, otherworldly look. “Yeah, I just moved here from New York.”, I tell him, not giving any more information than that. Granted I know what he is, I am not ready for anyone else really finding out what I am yet. The other night was a fluke accident, hopefully, I think to myself. “Ooh, a big city girl.”, he quips with a laugh. I give him a playful glare, “Shut up.”, I quip back.

Eddie and I stand there for a few moments talking, “If it isn’t too weird, would you like to join me for coffee? I have to stay up getting shit done for work and I wouldn’t mind the company tonight.”, he offers with a sweet smile. I think for a moment, there is this feeling in my gut, like something within myself is literally drawing me to him. “Sure, just tell me where and I’ll meet you there.”, I tell him. He seems genuinely surprised that I have accepted his offer, “Awesome.”, he states before giving me the address of the cafe downtown. I assure him that I can find it as it was one of the first few places I visited in the first few weeks I have been in Hawkins.

—---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Fifteen Minutes Later~

I arrive at the cafe a bit before Eddie does, we are walking up the sidewalk to the entrance when I hear someone shouting towards us. I turn to see the same wolf who attacked me last week with the young man I only know by the name of Steve, “That’s her!”, he growls out to me. Eddie immediately places himself in front of me, keeping me behind his back, “Billy.”, I hear him growl under his breath. Luckily there isn’t really anyone around for them to see the display between this wolf and vampire out in the open. “I told you to keep your people in line Munson.”, Steve snaps at the young man in front of me, I raise a brow at this.

“She isn’t one of mine Steve, I literally just met her, you should know, you were staring at her the other day.”, he snaps back at the wolf. There is a tension in the air as they stare at one another before I step out from behind Eddie, “Did he tell you I attacked him or that he attacked me first?”, I glare at the one named Billy. “He got pissy because I bumped into him, he needs to be kept in line before someone does it for you.”, my anger is getting the best of me, clouding my filter. There are three pairs of wide eyes on me, “What did you say bitch?”, Billy snarls at me, his eyes glowing bright yellow.