"Got a new merger for you," he said, perking my interest. Mergers were good. They meant money and expansion for me. And a new, knowledgeable business person for my partner.

"Who and where?" I answered, pulling up my computer so I could search whatever name he was about to give me. Although, I had probably already heard of them.

"Now, don't start yelling and shit when I tell ya," Niall said, his thick Irish accent making it more and more difficult for me to understand.

"I'll try not to," I answered, making no promises.

"It's a record label, lad. Malik Music, in fact. It's massive over in L.A. and he wants to branch out into New York. He contacted me about an investment and I recommended ya. Told him you'd give him a call," Niall said, hardly getting a breath in. I had heard of Malik.

From what I had heard, he was notorious for being an absolute dick. Specifically when it came to mergers.

"I don't do music, Niall. Besides I've heard of Zayn Malik and I have no interest in being his business partner," I said, rolling my eyes. The furthest I had branched off in investments was Tomlinson Designs, even then it was still close enough, business-wise, to the hotel and property investments I was involved in. But music? That was far too extreme for what I liked.

"Listen, mate, it's a really cool business and I really believe ya should at least check out the idea and the finances. Plus, Malik is a real cool guy. He's very different from what others have said," Niall promised. "Yeah, he's an arrogant prick once ya first meet him. But so were ya!"

I scoffed, "Niall, you're not getting anywhere with this."

"Styles, just think about it, alright. He's making big bucks right now, regardless of the stock industry. Plus, he's getting into music streaming, even talking about creating his own network for it."

"You clearly seem interested in it, why don't you invest?" I snapped, irritated with his insistence. I wasn't interested in the music business. Never had, never will.

"I already did mate," Niall chuckled. "I'm just trying to protect my investment. If you invest, I'm guaranteed to make money."

He wasn't exactly incorrect. Because of my investment business, and how much I typically invested, I had a lot of control in too many businesses to count. Due to this, I had become an exceptional business man. Making myself, and quite a few other people, a plethora of money.

Niall was one of those people. Which created the business relationship we had today. Regardless of his antics and incredibly ostentatious style, he had a lot of money and not enough to do with it. Which brought him here. An investor in just as many, if not more, companies than I was. He was my biggest competition.

And also one of my closest friends. If he was to be considered that.

"I'll think about it, alright?" I said, hoping to get him off my back.

"Fine, fine. You going to that gala thing tonight? At the Brooks? Apparently Payne is making an appearance, you might want to check that out, mate. Heard your investment still 'asn't gone through," Niall said, sounding amused on the other end of the phone.

"By my choice," I muttered. "and I'm not interested in going out tonight. So, no, you will not be seeing me."

"Bummer, sounded like it was going to be a good time. Louis called me about it, said he was bringin' a bunch 'o mates," Niall responded. "Includin' that hot blonde gal he has workin' for him. Not that that's any o' my concern. I got Claira."

"Shut up, Niall."

If Samantha was going to be there, there was no way I was going. I did not need a run in with her tonight.

~

I stepped into the sushi place, waiting for the hostess to appear so I could demand a table. It had been a while since I had dined by myself, but it seemed like a good idea. Personally, I wasn't in the mood to deal with people tonight.

The hostess appeared, nearly falling over at the sight of me. Apparently, I had this affect on woman.

Damn.

"A table for one?" she managed to choke out, her eyes flitting around the room. Looking at anything but me.

"Please," I said, flashing her a smirk. She nodded her head in pure excitement and nerves and quickly scooted around the podium, leading me to a booth that sat in the back. It was secluded and comfortable. Perfect for what I wanted.

She left without another word, going back to her safe spot at the podium.

I heard the door open and my eyes shot up in curiosity. Who was to be seen but none other than the Samantha Anderson.