Lost?

I heard thunder crashing and lightning sticking, the wind was picking up and i could hear the river going faster. Over us i could see the trees swaying back and fourth. It wasn't the first storm that has happened like this so i am used to it. So i just closed my eyes resting my head on Adams chest and falling asleep. All of the sudden I was awoken by my parents at our tent telling us to get out.I grabbed my pocket knife and slipped it into the boots I put on. We unzipped the tent and i realized that this was a storm that we could not stay on. So we all decide to walk a little bit away from our stuff trying to find some safety. It was dark and i was behind everyone else. We went by this hill and all of the sudden the dirt from under me slipped making me tumble down the hill. My head slammed onto a rock at the bottom of the hill. I groaned in pain and looked up the huge hill I tried to get up but felt light headed. The lightning flashed and i saw that they were walking farther away. I went to call out to them but i was consumed by darkness. I woke up with a splitting headache in my head. I looked around and tried to remember what happened, yet i couldn't.Till it came back to me that we were camping out and a huge storm happened and we tried to find safety.

"and i fell down the hill and hit my head on the rock" I said out loud finishing off what happened that i remember. I got up and looked up the hill and sighed. I started walking up the hill. I got to the top of the hill and started to call out my family's name, but there were no answers. I looked around and i couldn't find any trace of them. The only thing there was the camp sight, but that was all torn up and everything was ruined. I sighed and looked around i had no idea where to go, so i started to head back the other way. My stomach growled for food but i didn't stop. I kept walking till i got to these two paths. I took the one on the right hoping it was the right path to take. I walked down the path for a couple of hours and realized that it was the wrong path and i have gotten lost. I shake my head tears forming in my eyes, everything was going wrong. I finally broke down crying. Tears streamed out of my eyes as i cried into my hands. "I lost everyone, they could be dead and i wouldn't know. They could be injured. Where are they?" I thought to myself as i whipped my tears trying to stay calm. Only to burst into tears again thinking about Adam and April. I hope they are okay i think, as i started to walk in a random direction just wanting to find some place that looks like i can rest. I walked for what feels like two hours and found this open field that was flat and had short grass. I looked around and saw this river next to it. I decided i should stay here because it had water land i can sleep on, and it may have food. I look around and see a bunch of bushes and wild herbs. I sighed and sat down in the grass and took out my pocket knife and twirled it in my hand. "I need to survive to see my loved ones again. I have to" i thought hoping they were okay. I got up and went over to the water and looked into the river, seeing fish swim in it. I smile and look around to see what i can do with all of the resource i have. I think i got this. I go over to one of the trees and looks at the branches they looked like vines and they were tough enough to stay up. So i cut a bunch of those down and yanked strong branches down. I started to bread the vines. After i was done I wrapped it around the branches and used other vines and tied it. After a lot of working and ideas i finally got a tent. Well a place i can sleep, for the night that is going to protect me like a tent. I then snapped off a strong stick and started to sharpen it. I then went to the river and started to try and fish like that. After 3 hours i got two fish. I sighed and went and got stuff and tried to start a fire. It took me 2 hours but i got a fire started and the fish started to cook. While that cooked i went around to the bushes and picked some berries. Awhile ago I took a class and now know what berries are poisonous and what you can eat. So i went back to the fish and finished that off eating that and the berries. By the end of the fire and me coving up the sent it was late. The sun was set and i decided to go into my "tent" So i got up in climbed in. I layed down on the grass and sighed. After an hour of twisting and turing i finally fell asleep.