The oncoming storm.

After we had breakfast, and got dressed, we started packing to go. Me and Adam started picking up the tent and putting it away.

"I can carry the tent today." Adamb said as he put it away and strapped it with his other stuff. I nodded my head and wrapped my sweater around my waist. It was a bit windy and I wanted to make sure i have somthing to go over my tank top if i needed it. I put my bag on my back and went to make sure my sister was doing okay.

"Hey, April. Need any help packing?" I asked as i saw her trying to zip the bag. She nodded her head and handed me her bag.

"Can you zip it please?" I nodded my head but stopped.

"Do you have a jacket so you wont have to get into your bag if you get cold?" She shook her head. I unzipped the bag and found her sweat shirt and gave it to her "Tie it around your waist so you dont have to carry it okay?"

"Okay." She chirped and tied the bright pink sweat shirt around her waist. "At least we would find her easily with that jacket" I thought chuckling a little. I zipped her bag and helped her put it on. I see Adam walking over to us smiling.

"Hey April. How was breakfast?" He asked her kneeling down to her eye level.

"It was good! I love stuff cooked on the fire just like my big sister!" She said her eyes gleaming. I smiled and shook my head as Adam just laughed.

"Yup just like your big sister" He said kissing her fore=head and standing up. 'God i love your sister' he mouthed to me smiling. I giggled and nodded my head as i watched her go off to talk to mom and dad.

"So i guess a new day and more walking. Do you know if we are hunting this meal or not?" I asked looking up to Adam.

"You mean me and our dads go hunting while you prepare the other food with our parents and your sister?" He asked making me giggle and nod my head. I didnt really know how to hunt my dad started to teach me this summer but i couldnt get a hold of it before we went. So next year my dad is hopeing i can help with hunting. I can already fish so i help with that. I rember last year i had caught five fish that we were able to eat. That was a lot considering everyone else got one or none.

"But anyways, yeah we are fishing for tonights dinner" I heard Adam finish. I nod my head and grab his hand as i see everyone else walking. So me and Adam start talking about random stuff and we start walking behind everyone. We have been walking for 6 hours now and we have finally stopped to take a break. I sit on a stump and smile up at Adam who is standing next to me.

"How much longer are we going to walk. I mean we need to get the fishing stuff tonight right?" I ask looking at the parents.

"Its only a couple of hours away. We are getting good progress though with our walking. We have walked over 12 miles. So we only have like 4 more miles to go" They say as my sister comes over and sits in my lap.

"Sis I am tired." I look down as she yawns and closes her eyes. Soon falling asleeping. I look up at Adam and sigh as i got up picking her up with me. I held her like that, for me she was kinda heavy but I didn't want to wake her up. Adam chuckles a little and picks her up out of my arms and starts carrying her.

"Thank you" I whisper and he just nods is head. We started walking the next 4 miles. We had just gotten to the camp place we would be staying. It was next to a lake which was really pretty to see. The first thing my dad wanted the kids to do was start fishing. So we all got our fishing poles and started went to the river. I took of my shoes and stepped in the water sighing as my feet came in contact with somthing cool. I saw a worm from the corner of my eyes and picked it up and decied to use it as bait. A couple of minutes later we all had bait and we were fishing. It was a 30 minutes and Adam had already gotten a couple of fish and my sister has gotten one. I have gotten 2. They were all really goo sizes each could feed two of us but we decied to have it so we could each get our own fish, so we needed 2 more. I felt a tug on my line and yanked on it hooping it hooked the fish. I slowly started to releal the fish in. Finnaly i got it out of the water and unhooked it throwing it in a small cooler with the other crappys. I saw that mitch had realed in another one, as April line was pulled. They both had caught one more fish. They put it with the other and we walked back with the fish. Now it was the dads turn to gut and clean the fish while the kids help with the fire and cutting up stuff. I walked over and started helping out cuttng stuff while Adam and April watched the fire. After a couple of hours dinners were done and we were each having a smore. Everything was set up and me and adam decied to get change and go and sit by the river. I looked at it and saw that it was moving faster then before and relized that the wind was picking up. I felt a couple of rain drops hit me and I realized that there was going to be a storm. I didnt think much over it, i thought it would be no big deal. But little did I know that this storm would change my life.